Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supernatural Witch Problem

NabrilNabril Posts: 179 Member
My witch keeps setting other Sims on fire. It's his favorite thing to do- cast his fire spell at others... household members, friends, his wife, co-workers, strangers...

He's not evil.
Brave
Handy
Bookworm
Genius
Animal Lover

I've placed showers everywhere so that my sims can extinguish themselves. Do all witches do this? There's no way I'm going to let him have kids- he'd torch the child!
sig.jpg

Comments

• Options
    RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    I usually keep my sims very busy so they usually do not have time to do anything autonomously. So I didn't notice them doing before, something might be off about it.

I have checked the code in Gameplaydata.package file. The code says this:
    -A normal sim without any trait influence will be likely to cast a fireblast, because the sim will think he/she will gain fun while doing it. (Though they don't actually gain fun.) Though the default value is not that much, like 1/3 or 1/5 of the chance they will do it if they have one of the traits listed below.
    -If they are in an angry mood they will be more likely to cast fireblast.
    -If they have one of these traits:: Evil, Mean Sprited, Grumpy, Insane, Inappropriate, Daredevil or Pyromaniac; they will be more likely to cast it
    -If they have one of these traits: Good, Friendly, Frugal or Neat; they will be less likely to cast it.

The only way I can think is (other than something might be off with your game) when your Sims' fun motive get low, they might try to cast fireblast spell because they think they will gain fun (though as I said by default they don't) If it bothers you too much and if you can't figure out a way to solve this, you can use NRaas retuner to disable autonomy from this action or make your own XML mod! :) (The XML in the gameplaydata.package is called CastFireBlast_CastSpel, and there is an XML called CastFireBlastTerrain_Lot which handles the option if you cast it on the ground rather then on a sim, and there is also CastFireBlastOnStatue_CastSpellOnStatu which handles the option to cast the spell at a frozen sim statue (?) and all three of those have the same values. You might want to change all of them. Just wanted to mention it in case you need it o:) )

If the above modding thing seems complicated, you can try placing more fun increasing objects nearby so instead of creating fires, they can choose those. Although it surprises me why they just don't do the Play With Magic thing. Anyway the post is already way long enough, I hope that you can solve it o:)
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes