Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is it that the Updates never actually FIX anything?

Thank you for breaking my University Mod (a pack I would have happily purchased if you could be bothered to release one). My game was finally working correctly, you updated my game without my permission, and now NOTHING works any more. Is the only reason these updates come out so you all can ruin CC?

Newsflash: this policy does not make me want to buy any new EPs from EA/maxis. I might just uninstall my game and go back to TS2 again - at least it worked.
I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg

Comments

• Options
    sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    PS: I already followed all the steps about re-enabling mods. It out and out no longer works.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,646 Member
    The game updates break the mods cuz it's third party. It's not the devs' fault that the mods and CC break. No need to make a thread on this just to complain about the game breaking the mods. Maxis put a disclaimer that you should use mods with caution.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    TURBODRIVERTURBODRIVER Posts: 68 Member
    I mean, that's the case with every Sims game. They are still developing it. Updates were breaking stuff before Sims 4 too.
    I am glad that we are still getting more free content, paid content and fixes/improvements than nothing.
    We're in the middle of Maxis adding more content. It's a development strategy that otherwise would end up with a bad game or no game at all being released. Eventually, they are going to be done and maybe get a green light for the next game. And so the cycle continues.

Don't be mad that they are improving the game, be mad that there is no real modding support. Four major Sims games and no modding support. That's what is wrong about this.