Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I set a created sim as a butler for my household

I have a sim I've already made that I want to be the butler of my household. I thought i would be able to make them my butler by going into cas of a hired random butler and replacing them with my sim from my gallery, but that doesn't work. I used to think it wasn't possible, but I saw youtuber Deligracy add a butler she used in her barbie lp into her dream life lp. She originally hired a random butler to her barbie household and then edited him in cas I believe, but she definitely did not edit a different sim to look exactly the same as her already made butler sim for her other lp. How did she do it? I can't find the answer to this anywhere.
Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
7ZDKKOkt.png
My Plum Family Tree

Comments

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited August 2017
    I have a sim I've already made that I want to be the butler of my household. I thought i would be able to make them my butler by going into cas of a hired random butler and replacing them with my sim from my gallery, but that doesn't work. I used to think it wasn't possible, but I saw youtuber Deligracy add a butler she used in her barbie lp into her dream life lp. She originally hired a random butler to her barbie household and then edited him in cas I believe, but she definitely did not edit a different sim to look exactly the same as her already made butler sim for her other lp. How did she do it? I can't find the answer to this anywhere.

I didn't see her video, but she probably just took the hired butler into CAS and edited him to her liking. You say she added him into her second lp, but you didn't see how she added him? Maybe she just hired a butler and the same one she'd already edited showed up.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but perhaps you can just ask Deligracy (on twitter or YouTube?)
  • Options
    CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    @IceyJ Well, anything is worth a shot, I'll give it a go :)
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    You just need to alter the sim that the game gives you.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    edited August 2017
    I love Deli's Dream Life LP! It's the most hilarious LP she's done so far, imo.

For butlers, you have to hire a butler first then shift+click him to Modify In CAS. I'd also enter testingcheats true then cas.fulleditmode to give the butler the traits and body type you want for him. The problem with butlers is that you'll likely have different ones in rotational play. I don't think Deli is doing a rotational play, so she keeps the same butler.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Make sure your butler is well groomed:
    "A butler must be clean shaven and shaven every day.
    Two inches of whisker extending down the outer side of either cheek, clipped close and extending only to the curve of the jaw, is considered unobjectionable, but the butler who wears a mustache, flowing weepers from either cheek, or any beard whatsoever on his chin, is a repulsive object and never encountered in houses where the master and mistress have a knowledge of the polite customs."
    Correct Social Usage, A Course of Instruction in Good Form, Style, and Deportment by Eighteen Distinguished Authors
    vol. II, 1909
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top