Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Corner counters don't stay corner counters

I hope this makes sense because I am too lazy to upload a picture ahah

My problem is when I place the counters the one in the corner connect to both for a brief moment and then becomes undone, being a normal counter and only connecting to one. I thought this was a problem with the counters from the store but all of them are doing it. It is frustrating,

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited August 2017
    I've occasionally had that happen when I've had "moveobjects" on bc that command is meant to shove objects where you want them to go. Embedded into walls or whatever. That could potentially affect the "snapping to" of objects (other counters) to corner counters because they'll stay straight counters and not become corner-counters. But I'm not sure. It's been a while since I've run across that problem.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Do you have those overhead hanging pots and pans next to the corner counter? That will cause a similar problem for me. I get around it by moving the hanging pots away, then setting up the corner counters, and finally replacing the hanging pots.

I've also had issues with overhead cabinets not going into corner form when not attached to a wall. Those were from the Futureshock set. I don't think I ever got that working the way I wanted.
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    It is a bit buggy. Sometimes this happens to me when I copy the counter over and over instead of purchasing. So I will delete the offending counter and buy a new one. Sometimes it doesn't like a stove or something it is supposed to be attaching to. I'm afraid I don't have a simple fix. It just takes finagling and moving things around. Sometimes I just end up completely rearranging the kitchen to make the counters work. :/ Maybe a builder @Charlottesmom @creativemetaphor knows what to do when the counters go wonky?
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Windows and pot racks are the biggest issues but sometimes the counters are just stubborn, you have to rearrange a few times. It can usually be solved with a little finagling (spelling?? :D ).
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Maybe save when you have it almost right. Then try again with the placement. Sometimes it's just a memory thing and saving seems to help with that.
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    Cabinets have caused a lot of problems I've noticed. Once it wouldn't let my sim prepare food because it didn't register the counter as being there until I moved the cabinet.
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Thanks to everyone that replied, this was on a lot I was using for a mall and it went from working fine to not working for a few irl days. The other day when I tried again it worked fine so I have no idea how that happened. As it was a mall and the area I was busy with was going to be a display kitchen I didn't have anything mentioned above that would be in the way.

Thanks again <3