Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The pre-made sims keep drowning from default progression

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
Hello, i'm currently playing in Bridgeport. Recently, I get the alerts the celebrity sims have drown at the pool. Already 2 have gone this way. And one of the pre made family, Situp family moved to other town and they're not shown in Bridgeport any more. I really don't want to lose the pre made sims like this. Is there a way to protect them from dying and moving to another town? I searched google but didn't find any tips. Should I just turn off the story progression in setting? I'm just using EA Standard one. Also I want to clean some homeless sims in Bridgeport. If I clean the homeless sims in Overwatch setting, then would all NPC rolled sims be erased too? I want to keep the bouncers, mixologist, pianists, and Showtime Simfest sims.

Comments

• Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited August 2017
    Enlisting the expertise of @igazor as I am 100% sure nraas SP will solve your issues I am just not brain enough today to explain which features or how :p

Also, pretty sure cleaning the homeless doesnt affect service npcs as I set overwatch to do that every night and my household has had the same maid for 6 weeks.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2017
    What NRaas Overwatch is supposed to do with that setting is "clean up" unassigned homeless nightly, not those who are employed or have service or role positions. I prefer to keep that setting off as well as the Manage the Homeless one in NRaas StoryProgression so I can see what the game is doing with the homeless population and control or "clean them up" myself. In some worlds, Bridgeport is a good example, there are some pre-made homeless sims on the family trees of pre-made residents, sometimes occupying middle positions (example, grandmother and grandaughter have a household together, father is in the middle of the family tree, and is homeless.) Nothing horrible happens if he gets removed from the game, but that household no longer has a bond between the generations and is less well-defined.

I can't trust even NRaas mods to recognize when a homeless sim is no longer "needed." Good example would be the festival booth workers in between seasons. The mods will get rid of them, I would prefer that they hang around waiting for the next season to start so as not have an unnecessary constant march of new Role Sims entering (and then leaving) my worlds. Depends on the player's preferences here.

There is no control over what EA's story progression does with inactive sims. Many players find that inactives get emigrated out of town/culled even when the built-in story progression is switched off. That and the endless numbers of ways it can be customized are why NRaas StoryProgression is so popular.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net