Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is it with the highchair aggression?

Let's look at the facts:

You have a Sim and a toddler on the first floor. You click on a highchair which is downstairs and choose to feed the toddler cereal.

Your Sim proceeds to walk downstairs and put a bowl of cereal on the highchair and then goes back upstairs to get the toddler.

Why don't they just take the toddler with them and then put the food in front of it?

Why?

A lot of things could go wrong whilst a Sim is walking to a highchair to put food on it.
A lot of things could go wrong when a Sim is going back to fetch the toddler.
A lot of things could go wrong when a Sim returns to the highchair with the toddler.

That is not even including the absolute hostile highchair warfare that can break out between Sims who want to take the toddler out of the highchair for another one to want to put it back in again to then have another one barge in and throw the toddler and the highchair out of a window.

What is it with this weird, highly agressive, highchair business?

Tell me.

Comments

• Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I just saved a game with a toddler eating in a highchair.

I re-loaded the game and the toddler is standing next to the highchair!
  • Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    Once my todds get their movement skill up to 2, I never use the highchair. I just let them grab their food from the counter so I can stay sane.

Most of my sims do that on when leaving/opening a save, but they go right back to whatever action they were doing.
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited August 2017
    I generally have them take the tot downstairs if the tot is upstairs first.

What is with the aggressive use of the word aggressive in your thread titles?

/aggressively feels as though she has been aggressed upon by an aggressive aggressor

wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    ladybreid wrote: »
    I generally have them take the tot downstairs if the tot is upstairs first.

/aggressively feels as though she has been aggressed upon by an aggressive aggressor
    TS4 pushed me.
  • Options
    SnazzySpike1SnazzySpike1 Posts: 380 Member
    I find that my sims sometimes get irritated with the high chair. They just walk to it like "really?" and it all seems so reluctant.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I just tried feeing a toddler in a highchair and the Sims kept failing - I have two Sims with a bowl of peas stuck to their hands. The couldn't put the peas on the highchair for some reason.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2017
    ladybreid wrote: »

The reason I agree with ploppo2 that the highchair has aggressive behavior that is deeper than just animations.
    Say your toddler is very hungry he is clearly in the red, you get the child to the high chair finally with food to eat. Aggressively someone comes and removes the toddler putting them on the floor. This aggressive behavior is implanted into the highchair. by the creator.
    This is out of your control, you can not stop this person. and so this caused anger because it's aggressive and out of your control. also, your child can get taken while this is going on.

Now compare the toddler bed to the highchair, first we know sleep will not get your child taken, they will just fall asleep. so when the child is in bed no one come and get the child from the bed. or the tub while in the bath.
    Because its no aggressive behavior in either of those objects.

Think about it how many parents have fired a nanny because they have removed a hungry toddler from the highchair after you have put them in the highchair to eat before they are taken.

The problem is not your parenting skills because we do love and take care of our toddlers, the problem is the aggressive behavior implanted in and caused by the high chair.

this is the reason I rather use a little table and the teddy bear chairs.

But I think you must have a highchair on the lot to click on the fridge to get food for your toddler. but you can just take out the full plate.

we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited August 2017
    Deleted because thread got moved to the corner. so fun is gone :'(
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    @ Stormsview; @plopppo2; Both of you are aware that the objects you cite are inanimate, correct? While I get what you're trying to say, that somehow, in some sneaky manner the devs built into said OBJECT highchair, a behavior akin to aggression, the notion a highchair can act in an aggressive manner is startling, at best. Perhaps, the highchair is really a cleverly disguised alien out to seek revenge on the Sim world. To irritate and absolutely vex the new Sim parent, so that the evil social worker can come claim their precious little darlings, and leave the new Sim parents totally bereft with grief at their loss.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @ Stormsview; @plopppo2; Both of you are aware that the objects you cite are inanimate, correct? While I get what you're trying to say, that somehow, in some sneaky manner the devs built into said OBJECT highchair, a behavior akin to aggression, the notion a highchair can act in an aggressive manner is startling, at best. Perhaps, the highchair is really a cleverly disguised alien out to seek revenge on the Sim world. To irritate and absolutely vex the new Sim parent, so that the evil social worker can come claim their precious little darlings, and leave the new Sim parents totally bereft with grief at their loss.

Now I will only think of you as a child. and be gentle in my answers to you. :) and I like your post. You are very smart in school I can tell.
    Let me try to explain it to you, Your avatar in the sims. do not know the difference between the couch, the bed, or the shower. The only way your avatar reacts in a certain way with an object is because it's programmed to. your Sim can not truly see or feel, its all just a program. and scripting languages. So the high chair is just an object, if they wanted to they can get you to sit the baby on the toilet to feed it in the same manner.
    everything the avatar do in the sims is because it's programmed that way. nothing really is going on.
    I quote you here
    the notion a highchair can act in an aggressive manner is startling, at best.
    Understand the programming in the highchair is the object used for the animation. The high chair itself is an object like the shower, but the Programmers. just scripted it that way. Yes, the programmers are real people. they work for EA and Maxis.

(You must understand if the programmers wanted to they can take that high chair and make it chase you and bite you on your bottom. lol. But do not worry you will not feel a thing. you, in reality, will not nor your avatar in the game.
    If you understood how things are made to work, you would understand. I know you are happy about the New Toddler Pack, I am also :)o:)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    I swear I saw a highchair kick a toddler over when it thought nobody was looking.
  • Options
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    I swear I saw a highchair kick a toddler over when it thought nobody was looking.

:D too funny Plopppo2.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    edited August 2017
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    I just tried feeing a toddler in a highchair and the Sims kept failing - I have two Sims with a bowl of peas stuck to their hands. The couldn't put the peas on the highchair for some reason.

Feeding a toddler a bowl of peas... Now THAT is aggression :D

I wonder why toddlers hate that chair so much, they're being placed there to get fed. My toddlers hunger bar is so red they're at the verge of getting taken away so i have the parent put them in the chair and the kid almost always screams and cries to be let out immediately. Makes me feel as if i'm torturing the kid when high chairs are a perfectly normal thing in any household with children. If a bowl is in front of them on that chair, they should be programmed to attack it right away, especially if critically hungry but they just cry and whine first because OH NOOOO THE CHAIR thus making all the adults in the household run to the rescue. I gave up on using that thing. Which is a shame because it's really cute.
  • Options
    BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    I wrangled all the highchairs and locked them in a closed-in fence in the backyard. I'm sure my Sims' neighbors are wondering if the chairs are being fed properly, but I'm just not comfortable having them near my tots. I decided instead to put a popcorn machine in the tots rooms and now they can grab a serving whenever they want. Things got real in my Sims home.
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    High chairs are so aggressive, my gosh!
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    Stormsview wrote: »

Now I will only think of you as a child. and be gentle in my answers to you. :) and I like your post. You are very smart in school I can tell.
    Let me try to explain it to you, Your avatar in the sims. do not know the difference between the couch, the bed, or the shower. The only way your avatar reacts in a certain way with an object is because it's programmed to. your Sim can not truly see or feel, its all just a program. and scripting languages. So the high chair is just an object, if they wanted to they can get you to sit the baby on the toilet to feed it in the same manner.
    everything the avatar do in the sims is because it's programmed that way. nothing really is going on.
    I quote you here
    the notion a highchair can act in an aggressive manner is startling, at best.
    Understand the programming in the highchair is the object used for the animation. The high chair itself is an object like the shower, but the Programmers. just scripted it that way. Yes, the programmers are real people. they work for EA and Maxis.

(You must understand if the programmers wanted to they can take that high chair and make it chase you and bite you on your bottom. lol. But do not worry you will not feel a thing. you, in reality, will not nor your avatar in the game.
    If you understood how things are made to work, you would understand. I know you are happy about the New Toddler Pack, I am also :)o:)
    this is just a funny add on for you all :)
    I can not believe I forgot to add the dollhouses, and it's not just the new toddler one. But all the dollhouses are programmed with the aggressive trait. or animation. This is done by the programmers. I do not remember if sims could destroy dollhouses in sims 2 and 3.

So who truly is the mean one the sim that's trashing the dollhouse or is it just that Dollhouse >:) itself. lol, j/k this one is triggered by an angry sim or an evil sim being angry. lol.