Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Male teen CC

SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
Hi All,

can anyone direct me to Male teen decent modern clothes CC I have looked everywhere and not come up with anything :)

Comments

• Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hi @SPARKY1922! Have you tried looking at Lana's CC finds? You can search by clothing item. http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/clothing

If you have some specific looks in mind, It would be easier to make suggestions. Modern teen is kind of vague. I can think of lots of stuff from dressing like K-Pop boy banders; sports jerseys/low hung jeans or baggy jeans/name brand sneakers; flannel shirts/tees/jeans/vans; geeky fanboy t-shirts/skinny jeans/white socks/loafers. Also, if you could specify if you prefer Maxis Match or realistic that would help too.
  • Options
    Hi @Bananas_45

Apologies for the use of the word modern lol I agree there are many interpretations to that word-)

Thanks for the link yes I have looked but male teens are not mentioned specifically and often they do not specify if teens are included in the download when scrolling through the CC. I like male Capri's and decent jeans. T shirts without goofy child looking stuff slapped on the front.. I don't often do Maxis match either. I have to run for now but later I will return with fuller descriptions and some pics of male CC I would like in teen.

• Options
    It's pretty fair to assume that all male clothing is for t/ya/a/e. If you would like to customize your game, you can use Sims4Studio to change allotments so that cc clothing items appear only in categories where you want them too. I can't wait to see some pics and hear your ideas!
  • Options
    Hi @Bananas_45

well I managed to find some male Capri pants the sort of style I like and tested them in game to find they only fit male YA and up so that was a little disappointing :)

56ZisJe.jpg

I downloaded some really good male tees from a creator at SR and in several of her pics male Capri pants were used but despite searching everywhere I cannot find them and they at not her particular creation-) I did manage to get a couple of tees for the teens of a similar style shown in the pic below so at least I have a couple lol

UTyUJBz.jpg

these tops but in game not for teens

vXrYIzY.jpg

I managed to download versions of the shoes being showcased by this lovely sim but cannot find the clothes anywhere lol

8ZR0ztu.jpg

I downloaded the following set but am not sure until I get into game if it includes teens lol I could not read the language-)

RFYr1aZ.jpg

I think you get the idea I want to find this sort of cc for my teens but honestly I have not had much success yet..
  • Options
    If you are interested in those specific items you can change the permissions in S4Studio so that they will appear for teens (and only teens) Download S4Studio here: http://sims4studio.com/thread/1523/downloading-sims-4-studio you will need to register to use the program but, registration is free. Once you have downloaded and opened the program click on the My CC button. You now can see all of your CC by name, click on any file on the left to open it (this is also a fantastic way to view you CC and deleted unwanted items!); find the Age Appropriate section on the left; tick the box next to teen to enable the permission; press the apply to all swatches option; say okay, select the save button at the bottom...and voila! It won't let you change Adult items to to child or toddler, but changing permissions between teen/ya/a/elder is fine. If you have any more questions about that their site is very user friendly. I highly recommend S4Studio to every CC user. The changes will affect only the CC on your computer and doesn't violate TOS for CC. You can also use it view your CC here before you open your game.

I'm sorry I didn't quite understand what you meant. I don't use realistic CC and didn't realize that they don't always tick the permissions for teens. That doesn't seem to be an issue with MM. >.<

For the Areopostale jean you would just need to change permissions for teens to use. Same with Pralinesims F.A.T.E. top.

If you have a TSR account, you could ask Eves_42162 whose pants she used. I don't or I would ask for you. I am just not finding them :(

Vest:
    http://olesmit.blogspot.com/2014/10/male-vest-for-ts4.html

Pants pictured with vest (3rd ones over in picture):
    http://ooobsooo.tumblr.com/post/126362420669/ts4-kk-baggy-cropped-pants-10set-t-emale-ea#

The last set by JomSims has the teen box ticked

Since you seem to know what you like and you just have a permissions problem, I just give you a few links to designers with those types of clothing:

Sims 4 Marigold She has some great clothes in the above styles. The only drawback is that she uses ad-fly.
    S4seze *site plays music
    Karzalee/Studio K Creations
    PinkZombieCupcakes

I kind of think, anything singular that I would suggest for you would have the same permissions problem.
  • Options
    Thank you so much @Bananas_45 very much appreciated

I had no clue we could change permission in this way is this new for 4? because if you tell me now I could have done the same thing in the 3 series as well I might just lose my rag the time it took me to find decent teen stuff :) Also do you know if it is possible to remove CC directly from CAS like we can in Sims 2 as again I have tried looking for some sort of method regarding that but cannot find anything?

OMG you found me those perfect Capri jeans and the the vest I should have remembered the vest looked olesmit like as I have used a lot of her stuff in the 3 series, your searching skills are obviously better than mine-)

I think I do have an SR account however I will have to hunt for my password and then I will be able to ask the creator whose pants she uses in her pics but I think I can be just as satisfied if not more so using the ones you found instead now :)

Thanks for those extra CC links when I get some time later I will have a good look at those..

Its really weird re 4 for me as I usually go for the same styles of hair/clothes in most series but I downloaded some some maxis match hair I like and may look for clothes like that as well and mix and match both styles this time.. I also don't need much I am usually quite satisfied with a few select looks..

Now it is your turn to post me some pics of what you like because I would also be interested to see them :)
  • Options
    As far as I know, it is specific to S4Studio to change permissions but, I didn't play Sims 3. You can't remove clothes directly from CAS but, you can delete CC while you are looking at it with S4Studio. There is a button on the bottom right. (Sims4studio) is such an awesome thing)

I'll post some pic later.

• Options
    @Bananas_45

wow I must say I have hardly much about S4Studio before to be honest I assumed it was more for creators who dot things that are usually way over my head :)

Really looking forward to pics :)
  • Options
    Hi @SPARKY1922 Here are the pictures I promised!

Screenshot%2011_zpsacvpggwc.png

Slippers by Sims Laugh Love; Puggy PJ pants by Simalienn; varsity hooded sweater by NyGirl; llumia's backstrapped bcap

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Screenshot%2013_zpso6bbih9y.png

Lumia and Synth Summer Stroll converse; cropped rolled-up jeans by Rusty; faded hoodie by NyGirl; low profile cap by Marvin Sims
  • Options
    Screenshot%2011_zpsacvpggwc.png

Sims Laugh Love puppy slippers; pug pj bottoms by SIMALIENN; Nygirl's varsity stripped hoodie with tee; Backwards strapped hat by Lumia
  • Options
    Screenshot%2016_zps3hhpgqxt.png

Baufive dresspants; Sims Expo Leo Turtleneck
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Screenshot%2019_zpsqxrku04w.png

Colors Urbanos Psycho Billy shoes and Sarah Dress recolor #2
  • Options
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @Bananas_45

Oh no I cannot see your pics they are not being displayed? :'( What a shame but thanks for the links I have an idea of what you like now and have downloaded some of them for myself :)

OMG you have saved my CC life-) I just downloaded Sims4Studio thinking it would be really difficult to use/understand and it's not for changing the clothing permissions and removing CC I thought it was going to take me forever but because of this it took me 15 mins I cannot thank you enough for pointing it out :)
    Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
  • Options
    Stupid photo bucket! They were there when I posted...I swear. At least the links are there. Lol! I thought you might like Nygirl, she does a hybrid blend of realistic and Maxis.

You are welcome! I find it so useful! I use it all the time to clean up my CC. I forgot to tell you to check the tools option on the main page. It has wonderful batch fixes for the most annoying CC issues. Disable for random (aka townies) is my personal fave. You have to run it every time you update you CC but, it is worth it!
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Hi @Bananas_45

I used the program and just added a permissions for the adult to teen for CC clothing and took out cc i did not like but then when I went into game for the first time ever I got a notice saying something like some cc has been removed so I am wondering does that mean because I deleted some CC via the studio I got that message? I never thought to look at disable for townies lol so i will do this next time..and you are right that is one awesome feature..

Also last quick couple of questions can I add colors to cc in studio that will work in game? say for example I have a pink color only cc tee is there some way I can add more colors of the pink tee? and I have noticed in CAS several thumbnail EA CC pics are pushed over to one side so I can click on it to add the item to my sim but if i wanted to remove it by clicking on the x I cannot because only half the thumbnail picture is showing? I hope that makes sense and I only ask because when things like that happen in past sims series it can mean bad CC is causing it but as yet I have not been able to find any CC program for 4 that appears to check for bad cc/package files the the ones we have for series 3.

After this is sorted I am moving on to try understanding MC lol I am hoping it is similar to the mods I have used in past series and is not as difficult to understand as I think it is going to be :)

Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
  • Options
    If you had a sim that was wearing the CC when you deleted it, then you will get that notice. Better check and make sure that Sim isn't in a robe and/or bald in one of it's outfits!

If you need help with MC, my lovely friend @egwarhammer has a thread for questions here:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread#latest

If you have questions about creating CC or adding swatches, you may want to look here for a tutorial or get help at S4Studio. I have idea how to do that.:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/849548/mods-faq-links-to-tutorials-resources#latest

To check for conflicts with CC, try this mod:
    http://modthesims.info/d/561550

I know what you are talking about with the CC thumbnails. Here are some options that might help:
    1. You can click the X on the category to remove the current item (good for one offs like shirts, a pain if you just added a bunch of accessories.)
    2. I don't know how to describe this, so here is an example: If you just put on a shirt and now want to add pants. Go back and remove the shirt; now go to the pants and add them first, then re-add the shirt. Sometimes this fixes the wonky.
    3. Sometimes you can fix it by going from the general category (ie tops) to a sub category (ie sweatshirts)
    4. If you are in the subcategory (ie sweatshirts) trying clicking on the CAS background, the subcategory will close, then open it again.

• Options
    @Bananas_45

Er yes I did remove a couple of baldy looking cc pics but not one in a robe so have I caused something funky doing that? and why is it wrong to delete baldy's and robes are they considered meshes or something? I felt so happy earlier thinking I had saved so much time on my cc project and then my heart dropped when I read what you wrote about baldy's and robes-) would I have to find and re-download the CC again as well?

Thanks for the thread on the MC I have already downloaded the mod already and intend to try it out tomorrow but will watch that video and read the thread beforehand for tips..

I will have a look at some more studio tutorials I am not sure if I feel confident enough to try anything major right now but I was quite impressed with just knowing I could see information about the CC I had downloaded and add/remove permission and while we could not do that much in the sims 2 body-shop 4studio reminds me of a similar but improved system to that. I would probably just like to find out if I can add some more colors to CC I have already downloaded for starters..

I did see that mod for on MTS for checking mod conflicts but the user reviews are quite negative saying it's not working anymore so I may give it a go but still be aware of the comments..

I sort of understand what you have said regards the CC thumbnails and will have a go at that tomorrow as well and see if I can resolve it..

You have taught me a lot about my least favorite subject but always used CC for this series so I am very grateful to you. Now if I can remove some of the most niggling bugs that drive me crazy in this series with MC I might actually start beginning to enjoy playing this series for a change as I think I have played no more than 10 times since it came out lol but still buy the packs with good intentions :)

• Options
    When you deleted the CC, and recieved the message about missing items. It meant you were using the hair or clothes or whatever for the Sim you got that had the message. If it was hair the Sim is now bald. If it was clothing, they will be in a robe. This is the game default replacement for CC that has been removed. Depending on where you used the CC, your Everyday look may not be affected. Lets say you removed an up-do that Sally Sim was wearing at the gym. Next time you see Sally, if you have not given her new hair at the gym, she will be bald. If you still have CC enabled for random, you may see bald townies that should not be bald, or they are wearing robes in weird locations like the park or the bar!

Good luck with MCC and S4Studio.

I don't use the Mod Detector, I do the methods I listed. I just linked it since you were wondering I knew it had been out-dated for awhile but, it appears that it was updated 7-23-17. *shrugs* I used it ages ago and I found I didn't need it.

I hope I helped a bit. Sometimes I have to try one or two of the steps I described, but the thumbnail thingy usually fixes.
  • Options
    @Bananas_45

LOL I will watch out for the bald wearing robed sims then-) I suppose several sims might have got to wear the CC in the time between me adding it to the game and you telling me about the disallow rule lol

You have been beyond helpful and I am very grateful I am just about to get a coffee and start on the MC thread and then hopefully get to play a while :)
  • Options
    I hope enjoy all your new stuff!
  • Options
    @Bananas_45

Thank you I will :)