Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So happy about being able to sell medicine in my own store!!

Currently on vacation from gaming, enjoying the sun and all that jazz but I came back last night just to read the patch notes and I am just so so happy!!

Medicine can now be set for sale in retail stores.

Yayyyy!! :smiley:

This just made me so incredibly glad. How sickness works in Sims 4 have been a source of irritation to me, my sim being ill but not having anything more enjoyable to do than perhaps drinking tea or orange juice was not fun. It doesn't even feel like there is much to risk by opting to ignore the sickness so it is just there. If you were playing a doctor-sim then it is completely different and there is lots of gameplay. This irked me no end.

In order to make it a little bit more interesting I made my own doctor-sim. Whenever a sim gets sick they have to invite the doctor over before they can buy medicine. Often I just add the sim to the household for the examination, giving medical advice and then the doctor buys medicine on the computer before being sent away. This gave me a little bit of gameplay with sickness. Really happy that I now can get medicine two different way, in the store or by getting a house call.

This made me just want to start up the game again and do one PT just with my doctor-sim. Lvl her from the beginning and then building a retail-store on the side for all the the medical things. Really looking forward to fall and some fun simming :)

Comments

• Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    It would be great if Sims in the Doctor career could sell it at the hospital and make every patient healthy again without having to work out what is wrong with them.

I like my ideas.
  • Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    I feel like I've never had issues buy medicine for sim even if they weren't a doctor. I've even had my kids order the medicine off the computer, but their mom was in the doctor career. Still, I think other households in my save with no doctor order medicine off the computer without issue.

In other news, I missed the patch notes! o_O
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    megiare wrote: »
    I feel like I've never had issues buy medicine for sim even if they weren't a doctor. I've even had my kids order the medicine off the computer, but their mom was in the doctor career. Still, I think other households in my save with no doctor order medicine off the computer without issue.

In other news, I missed the patch notes! o_O

Ahh, there was never any difficulties with buying medicine on the computer, rather that I found that to be boring. If I solved the problem of a sim being sick by buying medicine on the computer it is little more than a mini-moneysink and since my sims always have too much money even that won't be of much interest to me.

Going to the store and getting a cosultation from the people working there before buying the medicine is much more fun for me :smile: So this is just me trying to make my game more fun to play.
  • Options
    BuildingGoddessBuildingGoddess Posts: 14 New Member
    Oh, this means I can make a Pharmacy for Newcrest! Yes! More realism for my town.