Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I just got a strike on YouTube for uploading a video showing how cars worked in The sims 2.

wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
I just got a strike on YouTube for uploading a video showing how cars worked in The sims 2. The reason? "Inappropriate content". How is that inappropriate?
6JSxk49.png?1

Comments

• Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Someone possibly reported it for little reason or there may of been something in the background of your mod which isn't PG. Get in contact with Youtube and ask them to appeal it if it's the former since you shouldn't be striked for something as minor as a Sims Vehicle video.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    Someone possibly reported it for little reason or there may of been something in the background of your mod which isn't PG. Get in contact with Youtube and ask them to appeal it if it's the former since you shouldn't be striked for something as minor as a Sims Vehicle video.
    I don't even see the option to send an appeal so now I'm stuck with this false claim.
    Post edited by wolfkomoki1 on
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I'm sure there's someway to contact YouTube for help or feedback, contact the one that's closest to either help with the site or help with your issue and ask how to appeal a strike (unless you find the link to appeal, no sense getting into the details).
  • Options
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    I'm sure there's someway to contact YouTube for help or feedback, contact the one that's closest to either help with the site or help with your issue and ask how to appeal a strike (unless you find the link to appeal, no sense getting into the details).
    So, I sent the appeal, but it's pretty obvious that youtube rejected them because the strikes are still on my channel. Sure, I can upload now, but I'm too scared to. If I get one more false strike like that then they'll delete my channel. Years of hardwork would go down the drain. So, until those strikes are removed, my channel is basically dead in the water until November the 3rd.

6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    edited September 2017
    If you weren't aware, YouTube is currently being faced with many reports because they are striking, flagging, and taking down any video that may have anything they see as unacceptable. A YouTube video got flagged because the woman was wearing a bikini in the thumbnail, which is absolutely crazy. You aren't alone and many YouTubers are dealing with this issue, which is why YouTube is going downhill.
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    YouTube's flagging system is handled by bots, that's why.