Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A little concerned on the secrecy of gameplay footage.

jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

This concerns me because what we have seen so far is PC footage, and we do know that The Sims 4's "gameplay trailers" aren't live gameplay.

I'm a little nervous, because when The Sims 4 came out, we got ONE 15 minute livestream which wasn't live,
because it had been precoded (eg. certain events happened like the fire etc.) and was set up.
And then in launch week, we again, got set up, pre-scripted gameplay.

And the PC game was a hot mess when it first came out with the amount of bugs (most of which was fixed with the Ghost patch, but it was still annoying).

Comments

• Options

Yeah, but they said that before the PC game came out, and we only got pre-scripted gameplay, not "actual" gameplay.
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    I'm scared too. I fear it may have:

- a 30 FPS, which is sadly the standard for most console games.
    - long loading screens
    - some missing bits of content (gallery already confirmed to be removed, for example.)
    - bad controls for CAS and building

• Options
    edited August 2017

- long loading screens
    - some missing bits of content (gallery already confirmed to be removed, for example.)

I think the loading screens will be quick (they were ALWAYS much quicker for console, because they can optimise).
    I expect the rest though.

I reckon CAS and Buildmode controls will be terrible, because they always have been. The only exception, was the 3DS games which is obvious, because we had the pointer.

The Buildmode screenshot even shows the PC UI. It's a joke, because you shouldn't be showing PC UI at all.

I hardly doubt the UI will look like that for console.

I just really hate that they're putting up a product for pre-order, and market another game as the same product.

---

Imagine if they used PC footage to sell The Sims 3 for console. The console version is very different.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

- long loading screens

Regarding the gallery even though there isn't one I suspect that we 'll still be able to download sims,lots etc thru Sony and Microsoft's store.

TS3 had it's own console store and didn't depend on the exchange.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I'm not concerned at all. I'm sure it'll be the same standard of gameplay as EA has provided with ts4 these long past years.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited August 2017
    Im not worried, if its not like pc then im sure they will say. I also imagine simmers will be going to gamescom anyway as im pretty sure pets will be announced for November. so i imagine unless they embargo it (which then i would be worried) they will say what its like. You cant really stop someone from taking a picture on their phone.
  • Options
    GoddessqueenbGoddessqueenb Posts: 89 Member
    Not concerned about anything anymore! They love playing these game thinking that it will hype people up but, it is doing the opposite. :/
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Not concerned about anything anymore! They love playing these game thinking that it will hype people up but, it is doing the opposite. :/

Right now I'm just ready for info on the toddler sp. It will probebly be Late August before we see any gameplay from the console version.
  • Options
    GoddessqueenbGoddessqueenb Posts: 89 Member

Right now I'm just ready for info on the toddler sp. It will probebly be Late August before we see any gameplay from the console version.

Well, I'm looking for more excitement! Stuff pack are ok but, I'm waiting for that" WOW " this is exciting announcement!! ;)
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I am quiet surprised its being kept so under wraps even at gamescom. I know we have seen a few screenshots but you cant really see too clearly.