Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

horse question

Hi

I am trying to make a vacation style world for my sims to visit and thought it would be nice to have horse stables in the vacation world that my sims can ride/take care off but then leave at the stables. I am not sure if sims can buy a horse while on vacation but thought that would be doubtful as then they would need taking care of? I do not mind if I need a mod to make something work I am just wondering if the scenario could be made to work and wondering if any other players have tried this and what the results were?

Comments

• Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I spose if you like created a sim to just stay there with the horses, like the stable owner or something, but then your sims can come visit and play with them.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @cleo00

Thanks I think your suggestion may be the only one that works-) I was trying to find a way where visiting sims could pay for a horse riding service but if that cannot be achieved then back to basics lol
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I had Granny Grey go visiting a boarding school on horseback in Egypt, but had to cheat some with MC...
    thegreywitches-23-06.jpg
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @jillbg

Lovely pic I have MC but have no clue how to use it with regards to horses if you would kindly explain :)
  • Options
    I just added the horse to the family, so I could use it as I liked. :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @jillbg

so what happens when you travel back to your home worlds? Can you leave the horse behind?
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922 I'm sorry I can't answer that, because I abandoned the game as I didn't want to overload my game with all the travel memories... I don't know if you can travel with your pets, even with Nraas Travel. :/ Help @igazor !
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @jillbg

No worries that's why I was asking the question about riding stables in vacation worlds that my sims could use when visiting the world but then be able to leave them behind safely when they go back home. I doubt if sims could actually own a horse in a vacation world or take one backwards and forwards when travelling either so perhaps there is no solution :)
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922 Yeah, I see what you mean. I think I've heard about a mod someplace, where you could have the kind of stables you're looking for, but maybe not in Egypt, China and France. I'll dig around a little to see if I can link you. :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @jillbg

Thanks for that I did try searching online for a mod but could not find anything. I am turning a 3 world into a vacation world and I was going to make a resort next to stables and a training track so my sims could go horse riding while they were on vacation, it's a great idea but as said I am not sure it can be done or not :)
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2017
    Whoa there. :p

Pets can travel with their owners if you have NRaas Traveler. On City Hall (in both worlds), NRaas > Traveler > Allowable Travelers.

If you leave an animal behind in let's say your vacation home, I wouldn't expect them to still be there when you return. I think they really have to be part of an inactive household somewhere in the foreign world. You could park them there using MasterController's Add Sim possibly if you don't want to travel back and forth with horses. The airlines tend to frown on such things anyway. :)

As for horse boarding generally, I think this is the mod being discussed.
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=588077

Paging its developer, @Mrknowitall526 :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Nayyyyyyyyy there @igazor :)

I don't want risk too many changes using the travel mod at the moment so would prefer not to travel with horses and as you say if a sim owns one in a vacation world then the sims go back to home worlds the horse is likely to do a disappearing act so i was trying to find another way :) It appears this has been the week for my university degree in NRASS mods lol

That mod link you gave me looks promising so I will wait to hear if I can incorporate it into what I want to do as I am not sure if I can change active family in a vacation world to make a sims an owner of stables or similar or if even doing that my if my vacationing sims would be able to just take a horse for a ride under those circumstances.

I think I bought an airline for a 100 horses travelling the money I had to shell out for travelling with my cat from time to time in fact the price was so high at times for the poor little thing to be stuck in the hold he should have been shrouded in a diamond studded blanket riding in the cockpit for the price :)

Unfortunately I was not allowed a second class seat for my cat like the one below :)

RyMCRLo.jpg
  • Options
    Mrknowitall526Mrknowitall526 Posts: 386 Member
    Giddyup, there -- okay, that one just sounds silly!

I have no clue what would happen with my mod while travelling, because, well I didn't think you could travel with pets! If you did try to use it there, it would probably work as intended, except that when you left, the horse would too (I assume so), because the horse still stays part of your active family.

I haven't travelled in like 5 years because I had a traumatic experience with a sim in Barnacle Bay who tried to go to China and then disappeared upon return :-O, of course Overwatch and ErrorTrap fixed that when I discovered them, but I still don't like to travel a lot! I thought I remembered being able to take pets -- but actually I think I'm thinking of TS1, because I remember after getting Unleashed that I had to go through the vacation world places and add pet items so they wouldn't starve while we were there! That has to be, what, like, 15 years ago now?!
  • Options
    @Mrknowitall526

lol no worries I keep coming up with great ideas I want to try and sometimes it cannot be achieved and I think this is one of those times but I had not known about your mod so that's a plus to try out in the home-world instead :)

I understand the trauma of travelling -) I still hold my breath until my sims are back in their home-world and I laughed so much with your references to past series because I started with 3 went back to 2 which I had never played before and now have an old laptop with sims 1 on it so often depending on what series I am playing I have to stop and think can I do that in 3 or was that 2 or 4-) and the amount of time I have spent looking for a piece of decor in one series without realizing it belongs in another is in the wasting too much time category :)