Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Childhood Phase" Occurring During Teenage Years

KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
I noticed my teen sim has the "Picky Eater" phase, which is apparently only a childhood phase? Is this a glitch or can any phase occur between those two age periods?
Post edited by KHS12 on

Comments

• Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    I had this happen when my child sim aged up to teen during the phase. It carried over.
  • Options
    SimMommy05 wrote: »
    I had this happen when my child sim aged up to teen during the phase. It carried over.

Did it stay until they aged up into a Young Adult?
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    My teens get this phase all the time. I didn't know it was supposed to be children exclusive.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    My teens get this phase all the time. I didn't know it was supposed to be children exclusive.

http://simscommunity.info/2017/05/29/the-sims-4-parenthood-child-teen-phases/
    Here is the article that I read about the phases. To me, it seems like there are child specific and teen specific phases, but I'm not totally sure. If they cross over, then I guess not.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    I just pulled up a list of the cheats for the phases and tested them all out on a teen and a child....results below....don't want to spoil the info for anyone who'd rather discover this stuff in game:
    There are 3 different picky eater phases that I was able to add to a teen and a child both...so those appear to be possible for either one....there are 3 other picky eater codes that I wasn't able to cheat onto either one, so they may unused in-game. The teen could get the "distant" phase....the child could get the "clingy" phase but not vice-versa. Both the teen and child could get the loud, rebellious and mean streak phases. Only the child could get the "bear" phase.
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Some phases are exclusive to children or teens, while some occur for both. "Picky eater" is listed on SimsVip as a phase for children and teens. So no bug, no mystery. Just how it's supposed to work.
  • Options
    Some phases are exclusive to children or teens, while some occur for both. "Picky eater" is listed on SimsVip as a phase for children and teens. So no bug, no mystery. Just how it's supposed to work.

Great, thanks for solving that.
  • Options
    PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    My "Picky Eater" phase has lasted all my life, and I'm and Adult! LOL :D
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Options
    lele62lele62 Posts: 157 Member
    I have the loud phase on a couple of my game saves. The first time it occurred, I saw the notification but didn't see a moodlet and then forgot about it while playing. Then, I saw the trait and thought it was permanent. Apparently not.
  • Options
    CalvinistCalvinist Posts: 9 New Member
    I have had a teen carry their phase through to young adulthood. She won't stop swearing.