Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't load or save games.

My husband put in a new hard drive but saved everything from the old one. The files are still in my game but won't load them. It goes to a screen that says Error and the application will be shut down. Is there a way to fix it?

Comments

• Options
    siminscsiminsc Posts: 854 Member
    I found out it will save new games.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    What I would probably do, if I were really attached to the saved games I had prior, is pull the TS3 user game folder out from Documents to the Desktop so that the game spawns a new one (with no content or saved anything) on its next relaunch. Then startup and save a test game to make sure it's all working properly. And then begin slowly adding the content from the older game folder to the new one (this could be painful on sims3pack content if they have to be re-installed using the Launcher but package files and saved sims are easy) until it gets to a point where the older saves should be playable again. Of course, the Framework for package files including mods would have to be set up again and any additional worlds would need to be installed. Finally, move the saves over and see if they load.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net