Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NPC Teenage sim not aging to young adult

I need that teenage sim to age so I can continue my story in my other family however her aging goes down even time I check the status the numbers drop, and when I started playing today she had one day left on her tracker and 3 days went by and no auto aging to young adult, one of my families she is his girlfriend and and can not get married to a teenager.
Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."

Comments

• Options
    LivstmeLivstme Posts: 47 Member
    I believe you should be able to get the teen to age up by baking a birthday cake and inviting her over and use the age up sim option
  • Options
    CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    In the gameplay settings there should be a box that says to age up NPCs or not, make sure its ticked
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Yes it is ticked, like I said I see her age increase at the end of play because I would move her in to an empty lot, after I saved the game and the age bar numbers kept ticking down, until around 0 and then it stopped.

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Maybe they are and you just can't tell the difference. :wink:
  • Options
    Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    She might be one of those "weirdo" sims that spawn from City Living. As in, she has a hidden trait that makes her essentially immortal. I had a teen in a club that was the leader for at least 3 generations, and I couldn't figure out why until I realized that she had never aged at all.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Jupp, when I have identified one of the Immortal sims I mark their household as "special" and just leave them be. Making note not to put them in any kind of family.

If I delete them the game will just make a new immortal sim, and it could be one I want to use in my stories which I do not like. Better to know which the irritating immortal ones are and give them wide berth.
  • Options
    I don't think she is one of those immortal ones from city living, because her age bar does decrease.

• Options
    I found a solution apparently sims that are not in world will not age until they are called into the foreground world. So if you want sims not to age as fast as your other family members add them to the not in world npc list they can't age unless they are in the foreground. It would also be nice to kill off elderly sims that may be stuck with birthday cake.