Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If they brought back.....

pets and seasons, I would love to see what they would do with it considering that they are all about the family play. Ive got some ideas of things that they could do with pets:

1. Have new kinds of animals and breeds.......I'd love to see a Newfoundland! irl some kids love to ride these dogs like they would a horse. I think that would be fun to see in sims. Teens could have the kind of breeds that can be hauled around in carriers/purses. I'd love to see ferrets, rabbits, and other more exotic animals too.

2. Animal based family play......family farms and ranches......be able to buy/raise/sell animals. Kids could have chores to do concerning the care of animals. Raising animals for pet therapy.....in the same instance, the sims could have an option (if they are sad or lonely) to call upon these sims to have a pet visit them.

3. Careers.......they could have breeders (again, family play comes in here.......kids held responsible for the upkeep of animals.......could also lead to cute interactions like a kid getting licked in the face by a dog), could have dogs on the police force, guard dogs in general, groomers, vets, and pet sitters.

4. Competitions.....on a farm if you had a horse, the owner could go to competitions to ride their horse in. Also, best in show for dogs, and rodeos for other livestock.

As far as seasons are concerned, since I have never played seasons, I am not the expert on what more they could do with it. I am sure that there would be a lot of family play involved. Like, if it snowed? There would be a snowball fight between family members, making snow angels, and making snow-men among other things. There could be ice skating competitions too! And I am sure that those of you who have played seasons can think of more family stuff to do with it too.

Comments

• Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    I really like the idea of including K9 as like a branch of the police career, maybe if your sim has a dog they can head into it and part of getting a promotion is skilling up your K9 dog.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    That would be cool! :smiley:
  • Options
    dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    A new chore for pets could be pick up dog poop or clean litter box or bathe pet! As for seasons new chores could be rake leaves or shovel snow! These could all be implemented into the Parenthood chores system! While we are talking about that I just want to add that once we get laundry that could also be added to the chores system!
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    These ideas are pretty awesome, thank you for giving hints to the developing team!
  • Options
    You know, I think it'd be cool if the dogs could be able to bring in the paper! It could even bring about a paper route job for kids could do!
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    The sims used to have to clean up dog poop and pee in Sims 1 until your sim housebroke them. Sometimes they strategically gifted sims a pile of poo or a puddle of pee right in the sims path so they were unable to move. Then the sim would throw a fit. Your sims faired better with cats. They could use a litter tray from the begining.
  • Options
    ShertorrieShertorrie Posts: 7 New Member
    > @Bear31 said:
    > You know, I think it'd be cool if the dogs could be able to bring in the paper! It could even bring about a paper route job for kids could do!

I believe dogs could retrieve the daily newspaper for their humans back in the Sims 3. So hopefully they'll bring that back again :smile:
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    For Pets I'd love to see:

Being able to live in the world without an owner. Dogs and cats can occupy a lot on their own.
    I don't want to see in CAS "You need at least 1, Adult, Human, Vampire, Alien etc. to play"

Traits: I'd love to see them take on Human traits and their own animal traits.
    same with aspirations, maybe they even aspire, being out in the wild, and abandoning their owner?

Careers:

Detective Career. Team up when Sims "Go on Patrol" (Two human sims can team up too)
    Dogs can go along and sniff out clues/people when at a crime scene.

Doctor: Veterinarian branch, if you Have Get to Work Veterinarian would be an active Career.
    Also Dogs and cats can work as therapy animals.

Should dogs and Cats be able to be sold on Retail Lots?

Could Restaurants cater to pets...
    (Off topic but the word Cater just gave me an idea where, if you are having an event you should be able to have a restaurant cater to your event.)

Seasons! I'm more concerned about the aesthetics and animations

Accumulating Snow!
    Blizzards if it snows over 3-4+ feet school, work result in cancellations, and if it was a heavy Blizzard school and work can be closed for over a period of days. watch out for black ice, and Freezing temperatures could also cancel school and work.

Snow/Thunder Storms
    Power Loss, resulting in food can spoil in appliances, Lights and electronics (electric stoves, refrigerators, washers, dryers, AC, Lights, TV computers) will stop working. Candle lights/lanterns, fire places, gas/wood burning stoves will continue work Tablets iPads will work temporarily, before their battery life dies (24-hour charge after loss of power)

Pipes can freeze in below freezing temperatures.
    resulting in no running water, showers, sinks, toilets etc.

wet feature, when raining sims drip soaking water like plants.

Death types Hypothermia (Freeze to death), Hyperthermia (Heat Stroke).

All clothing in base game, existing packs, and future packs all articles of clothing has some level of a warmth bonus.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    I'd also love it if they would have an aspiration to become the "Alpha Male/Female". This includes them getting into fights and winning several times, helping old ladies across the street, and defending sims in fights by breaking it up!
  • Options
    JuudiaJuudia Posts: 23 Member
    If they brought back pets, I would be very happy.
    If they can add rabbits, and pets like that, it would be awesome !
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Juudia wrote: »
    If they brought back pets, I would be very happy.
    If they can add rabbits, and pets like that, it would be awesome !

Pets will always come back. Too populor.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Just opening this thread, those were my exact thoughts: pets and seasons.

To me, these are vital parts of every day life that enhances the day-to-day feel of the Sims.

I've heard rumors of pets being added, but I don't know that they'll really add seasons, even though it's ideal content for a game pack.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    JayGloverJayGlover Posts: 60 Member
    Seasons! I think this may happen, only because the freebie of Holiday stuff