Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paying weekly rent is better than owning a penthouse?

AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
So here is the situation I have as shown in picture.
lnG6G5U.jpg
So my current playing household is finally on top rank+ carrier and save enough simoleons to own a penthouse on Art District in San Myshyuno. Despite won a house, still have to pay weekly as property tax. That's ok because my sim has Frugal Trait hence my weekly tax is relatively reasonable. On that particular day, however, my weekly "TAX" is SOARING HIGH like a rocket from relatively $S3000 to $10000. Whoa... like in real life the tax is spontaneous in contrast with fixed rent payment. I'm going to be bankrupt if my next coming "property tax" is heavier than $10000. Also does this mean my "Frugal Trait" useless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
Post edited by Ancaryvan on

Comments

• Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    From that picture you're on vacation....I'm pretty sure there's some kind of issue where, if you're on vacation when bills come due, you end up getting a bill for both lots. So that's probably why there was such an increase. I don't remember if it corrects itself when you go home or not. I avoid bill days for my vacations after the first time that happened to me.
  • Options
    Hadron1776Hadron1776 Posts: 330 Member
    Ancaryvan wrote: »
    Also does this mean my "Frugal Trait" useless
    Well, no. Because without the frugal trait it would be even higher O.o

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Do you have collectibles in your inventory or painting or things your sims made? Those things add to your sims bills.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    NephilimNephilim Posts: 64 Member
    There must be a problem with bills.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    My homes usually run around 6K in bills. Unless they are living really large. The only reason I see it go too high is usually that I'm hoarding expensive craftables like masterpieces or collection items. I think they reduced how much garden items are. I see your sim is in OR could you have too many insects/harvestables/fish and herbal concoctions in your inventory. Sometimes also if you move people in they bring all their stuff over and it's in the household inventory. I'm sure you know this last one but it was a shocker to me at one point.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    edited May 2017
    JimG72 wrote: »
    From that picture you're on vacation....I'm pretty sure there's some kind of issue where, if you're on vacation when bills come due, you end up getting a bill for both lots. So that's probably why there was such an increase. I don't remember if it corrects itself when you go home or not. I avoid bill days for my vacations after the first time that happened to me.
    @JimG72
    I'll try that. Hopefully you are right about this.
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    My homes usually run around 6K in bills. Unless they are living really large. The only reason I see it go too high is usually that I'm hoarding expensive craftables like masterpieces or collection items. I think they reduced how much garden items are. I see your sim is in OR could you have too many insects/harvestables/fish and herbal concoctions in your inventory. Sometimes also if you move people in they bring all their stuff over and it's in the household inventory. I'm sure you know this last one but it was a shocker to me at one point.
    @Hermitgirl @pepperjax1230
    Wa~~hw! That's harsh. So basically not a wise move to keep valuable item like excellent woodcraft art or furniture. Also this proves that RENT IS BETTER THAN PURCHASE Also currently I've complete set of city posters and some mount fish in my collection. Oh! I DO have a rare fish that's worth $1300 simoleons
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    harun789harun789 Posts: 240 Member
    Ancaryvan wrote: »
    So here is the situation I have as shown in picture.
    lnG6G5U.jpg
    So my current playing household is finally on top rank+ carrier and save enough simoleons to own a penthouse on Art District in San Myshyuno. Despite won a house, still have to pay weekly as property tax. That's ok because my sim has Frugal Trait hence my weekly tax is relatively reasonable. On that particular day, however, my weekly "TAX" is SOARING HIGH like a rocket from relatively $S3000 to $10000. Whoa... like in real life the tax is spontaneous in contrast with fixed rent payment. I'm going to be bankrupt if my next coming "property tax" is heavier than $10000. Also does this mean my "Frugal Trait" useless

no without the frugal trait you would be paying 25 percent more, so better to have the trait than not having it.
    latest?cb=20160515183412
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I've noticed double-billing around vacations. That is a case where I do cheat them the money. (Using cheats doesn't bother me, particularly to correct bugs or if there is a realistic reason that isn't expressly in the game such as inheritance, child support or investment dividends). That's how I choose to handle it but I'm not a strict "poverty/rags to riches" player.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.