Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot download Monte Vista [fixed]

OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
I recently bought a disk copy of Monte Vista. I installed the disk. But then realized I needed to go through Origin (after putting in my key code on the Sims 3 site).
I didn't want to, as I didn't want 1.69, but since it is the only way I know of to get my Monte Vista, I went ahead and did it (planning to uninstall Origin again later, and play offline so the patch doesn't get me).

Anyway, I downloaded and installed Origin. And for all appearances, managed to so far stay on 1.67. (Am ignoring the update now notice... and disabled auto updates through the Origin app).
Found Monte Vista in my Extra Content. It is unlocked.
However, I don't have a download button, just a 'play on Origin' button. And clicking it does nothing.
(This is through the Origin web site, not the app).

I did talk to Support (after originally having to get a new code since the one I bought was used and was supposed to be new, another story) when I got to the download process, and it was suggested to me to a clean boot. This seems a bit excessive to me... and I want to avoid this if I can. I am hoping there is an easier way to download MV and get it into my game.

Any help is appreciated. (Especially if there is a way for me to completely avoid 1.69/Origin altogether!)
Before I try going to their Support again, thought I'd check with you guys here.

As a side note, I have been considering switching over to Steam, instead of disks... how would adding worlds work with Steam? (Obviously any I have already, I can just copy over into my installed worlds folder later; I mean Monte Vista and other store worlds I do not yet have). Because if this is a better option, I may have extra incentive to move to Steam.
Post edited by OriginalMara on

Comments

• Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    Talked to another advisor, got this sorted out! It was somehow missing from my Purchase History, and he re-added it, and I was able to download and install... no Origin necessary!
  • Options
    timndrewsmomtimndrewsmom Posts: 50 Member
    I am happy you got it fixed i was given it on disk as a gift ad i have nothing but the world i have no oven nothing and it has it shown where i registered it but not that i have in store? support was contacted no reply in about a week now
    I been Simming since sims 1 days and only recently got a machine to run it
    MY Barnacle bay also is registered but not showing as purchased either it used to?