Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you wear most of the clothes in the sims 4 in real life?

brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
so i am actually kind of curious i spend alot of time in create a sim and i find the clothes in the game to be a bit limtiting at times like i find myself having to make a bit of custom content but i also feel like it sucks that i cant exactly improve some clothes that i think look kind of cool if not for a a few details here and there which kind of ruin it for me. So i am not sure like do you think the clothes in the sims 4 are good for real life.

Comments

• Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Yeah mostly not. Although I guess I'd wear some of the basic outfits... jeans, t shirts and sneakers. But my style isn't well represented in the game. I know what you mean about one or two details being off. That's one thing I miss about Sims 3. With CASt I could always make the clothes look a little closer to what I wanted.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    Yeah mostly not. Although I guess I'd wear some of the basic outfits... jeans, t shirts and sneakers. But my style isn't well represented in the game. I know what you mean about one or two details being off. That's one thing I miss about Sims 3. With CASt I could always make the clothes look a little closer to what I wanted.

yeah seriously like do not get me wrong i have created sims who can wear something and it looks perfect on them but then its the only thing that looks perfect on them lol. anything else looks a bit strange.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Yes! Especially because some outfits look so weird on larger sims... or pregnant sims. I'm very picky about the clothes on pregnant sims because so many just look unnatural.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    Yes! Especially because some outfits look so weird on larger sims... or pregnant sims. I'm very picky about the clothes on pregnant sims because so many just look unnatural.

yup i have seriously seem some clothes that just look really unatural on certain sims but then look perfectly on other sims.
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I'd wear some of the more classical clothes. Many are too hipster-ish for an ordinary person like me. Some are also pretty restrictive like the formal category, with only extremely long dresses and very high heels, it looks very pretty but I'd feel uncomfortable wearing that, it's simply not designed for most people. In general, I feel like the game lacks ordinary low budget clothing a bit, and I tend to use and reuse some outfits all the time in my game because of that.
  • Options
    CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    Definitely would wear those bunny slippers, can't go wrong with those
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Options
    Candyd wrote: »
    I'd wear some of the more classical clothes. Many are too hipster-ish for an ordinary person like me. Some are also pretty restrictive like the formal category, with only extremely long dresses and very high heels, it looks very pretty but I'd feel uncomfortable wearing that, it's simply not designed for most people. In general, I feel like the game lacks ordinary low budget clothing a bit, and I tend to use and reuse some outfits all the time in my game because of that.

yeah i know what you mean those dresses like like they are for those once in a lifetime events like those important dinners with famous people or the prom or something like that. like a good example is i do not see anything that looks like it would be good for a funeral.
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    I personally love the clothes. I think they are playful and fun and of course there are the more plain clothes. But I love the dramatic outfits. It would be so cool to wear some of the more colorful clothing .
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    edited May 2017
    I love the colorful "cultural" clothing. It gives us the ability to have more interesting sims, who are reflecting a certain culture. So its really fun in that sense :)
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited May 2017
    most of them? no. but I don't have an issue with that because we aren't necessarily supposed to want to give all of our sims the same fashion sense we have in real life.
    i don't find it limiting. I do use cc, but I could live without it. Especially since the bowling pack finally added a pair of jeans I like
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I would. Some of them are really nice.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    A_CullerA_Culler Posts: 1,133 Member
    Yeah, most of the clothes look either too generic or too ridiculous. However, if I had the happy avocado shirt that the toddlers wear in real life I think I would experience true joy...
    Loneliness is a tax we have to pay to atone for a certain complexity of mind.

36187445662_5c73f737ed_c.jpg
    "I have yet to find a gold so pure that it's worth it's weight in dog."
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I'm sure I would wear some of the simple outfits. I would never wear the smaller and tighter outfits though.
  • Options
    Hippie_SimmerHippie_Simmer Posts: 1,078 Member
    I would wear most of the clothes, yeah. In fact, I'm planning on making some of the T-shirts I saw. Like the blue one with the skull on it and the other ones that I for some reason can't think of the descriptions for right now. Lawl at me... :lol:
    And though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. -Led Zeppelin
  • Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited May 2017
    In the least offensive(?) way possible, there aren't enough working class clothes! It's middle class and upper class clothing GALORE in TS4, but I'm not middle or upper class, so they wouldn't fit with me at all! I'm the sort of guy that buys the cheapest trousers off the Primark floor because they were on offer for £2.50, so a shirt that looks like it's £50 from River Island doesn't work for me! xD

(and because of where I live, I'd probably get mugged if I looked like a middle class person, yay worst city in the UK (can't wait to move away))
    Post edited by DarkSuperNinja on
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Dependant on style, I'd probably wear a fair few of the clothes. That being said, I have nothing against them adding more (because the more the merrier).
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    edited May 2017
    In the least offensive(?) way possible, there aren't enough working class clothes! It's middle class and upper class clothing GALORE in TS4, but I'm not middle or upper class, so they wouldn't fit with me at all! I'm the sort of guy that buys the cheapest trousers off the Primark floor because they were on offer for £2.50, so a shirt that looks like it's £50 from River Island doesn't work for me! xD

(and because of where I live, I'd probably get mugged if I looked like a middle class person, yay worst city in the UK (can't wait to move away))

I apologize in advance... but are we talking oop Nort?

Meanwhile, I probably wouldn't wear a lot of those clothes. I have a limited style - hoodies, t-shirts, pants, runners. Just not enough colours for those clothes.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member

This, exactly ! And the most important part bolded.
  • Options
    KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,072 Member
    Some of them are really nice and I would love to wear them, yes. There are a number of rather "bizarre" outfits that I wouldn't care for very much though. I actually thought there were a lot more outfits in TS2 and TS3 that would be closer to something I would wear.
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    I know I wouldn't wear the hot dog suit. At least not for long.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/