Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim-click -> Show-off

nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
This is just a thread for Sims 2 players to share their gameplay pics of cool things they have done with their game, memorable moments in gameplay, favourite CC they've found or created, favourite lots they've built or used effectively in their game, skill demo (viz., first time efforts vs what they can do now), etc.

Basically post here to show off what you can do, how you play, and why you love TS2 the mostest :relaxed: Please provide context to your pictures so that we can know why they are special to you!

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Here are some of my cartwheels :wink:

This was my first attempt at making a pond a swimming pool. I used this awesome step-by-step tutorial to do so.
    pond_as_pool_render.jpg

My first lot build. There was a lot that I really liked, but it was built weird (the side of the house was the road facing side of the lot) so I built my own lot very similar to that lot facing the front of the road and caught the build bug. I've been building ever since.

Front:
    lot_render-01.jpg

Back:
    lot_render-02.jpg
    Sadly, I have no idea what happened to the lot. I think I built it before I learnt how to package lots :disappointed:

Here's the first CC request I ever received from someone in the community. I made it for them #1 because it was easy to make #2 I'd never been asked for anything before so I was really flattered. It is the SELJE nightstand from IKEA.
    gift_render.jpg

Hmm... and for my last pic, these sims were just side characters in my TS1 game and I made them into my TS2 main legacy family. I love them so much! :love: Marcus is mayor of Crescent View, and Alicia is the education minister. They're very well off and their kids go to private school and have the best of everything. That said, they are very down to earth (they only live in a mansion because it is Mayor's residence). This memorable moment is the day Alicia said "Yes." at the fancy restaurant downtown. Their best friends were also at the dinner and they witnessed the occasion, but I just took this close up of the two of them.
    sim_render-01.jpg
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    I'm going to start off with some of my favorite slightly edited shots for stories. (Mostly for The Pen Pal Project, since I have almost only worked on that on the new computer. And stuff I can dig up from my old Photobucket.)

ch7-pc6_zpsjb6yjkeu.jpg
    The Night Garden: Where the next chapter of my Pen Pal Project story, Instant Messages in a Bottle will take place.

C3%20p5_zpsc9rk9rj2.png
    The Blank Garden: a location previously used for that story.

scene2-pic1_zpsmfvqy3ou.jpg
    A very lively college party at my legacy's greek house.

snapshot_a336c3e1_43381eef_zpsxmslspo8.jpg
    Title page photo for my annual halloween story, Shadows Fall. Now if only I could find where I left the other photos...

TheChickenOath_zpsea6c6278.jpg
    ... More college shennanigans at the legacy: pledge hazing at the Tri-Var sorority.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    @nanashi-sims
    Nice thread idea!
    Wow that swimming pond looks so cool, with the ladder, the fishies and the water plants, love it! Also, thx for the link to the tutorial, though it looks rather complicated to me heh.
    That building is amazing and a great inspiration. :smile:

@Scribal_Goddess
    I really like that halloween story pic! Is it possible to read that story?
    I would love to see more pics, I hope you can find them. :smiley:

I will see that I find something to post here as well. :yum:
  • Options
    C3%20p5_zpsc9rk9rj2.png

I thought this was a TS4 screenshot of Sixam :flushed: This is AMAZING!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Great creations and screenshots both of you.

I remember being very proud of myself for learning how to make bedding which would look good on both single and double beds. Such a big achievement lol.
    Bedding.JPG?dl=0
    Wow, that was 9 years ago!!!

Also, I had my Partners In Crime screenshot featured on TSR and I was so pleased ha ha. I was easily impressed back then.
    Partners%20In%20Crime.jpg?dl=0
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I want too play TS2, but i miss the promotion in 2014... :frowning: Anyway, beautiful pictures.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Sally1502 wrote: »
    @Scribal_Goddess
    I really like that halloween story pic! Is it possible to read that story?
    I would love to see more pics, I hope you can find them. :smiley:

I found the old posts! (I've been meaning to crosspost them to Dreamwidth forever, actually, but I lost the jump drive that had all the photos on it... Forgive the messiness of the Tumblr formatting.)

Shadows Fall
    Chapter 1 (part 2) (Part 3)
    Chapter 2 (Part 2) (Part 3)

• Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    I want too play TS2, but i miss the promotion in 2014... :frowning: Anyway, beautiful pictures.

So contact EA Customer Service and ask them for it. If you get an agent who says no, just try again until you get an agent who says yes.
  • Options
    Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    @Scribal_Goddess
    So nice! It's awesome how you shaped such a cool story with Sims 2. :smile:
    I also had a look at your other posts and really like it. So funny how your simself always knows stuff! :lol:

@elanorbreton
    Nice, I'd also like to be able to make my own bedding. That picture with the parrot is precious. :joy: Also it's so nice how you still have Sims 2 pics from such long ago. I actually only have pics from my current playthrough, due to changing computer and so on. :grimace:
  • Options
    edited April 2017

So contact EA Customer Service and ask them for it. If you get an agent who says no, just try again until you get an agent who says yes.

Yes but I don't have a copie of TS2... :grimace: Apart TS2 for PS2. :joy:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Sally1502 wrote: »
    @Scribal_Goddess
    So nice! It's awesome how you shaped such a cool story with Sims 2. :smile:
    I also had a look at your other posts and really like it. So funny how your simself always knows stuff! :lol:

Thanks! Once I get that neighborhood fixed I plan to continue, but I managed to blow it up and have been struggling to remake it for a while.

Well, my simself ought to get some benefits from chasing the New Edenia residents around with a notebook. Knowing stuff helps with the newspaper. ;)

• Options

@Jordan061102 - they may give you a copy anyway. There's a thread here for details, if you follow up there we'll be able to help you.

@elanorbreton - do you share your CC and if so, where?
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited April 2017
    I have an old account at TSR, haven't logged in there for years but that is where I used to reside before I found out about the stuff that went on there. Don't laugh too hard if you have a look, some of it was made before I had much practice :D Edit: In fact, most of my sims 2 stuff is pretty appalling lol. I slightly improved my building ability after sims 3 came along.

https://www.thesimsresource.com/members/elanorbreton
  • Options

@Jordan061102 - they may give you a copy anyway. There's a thread here for details, if you follow up there we'll be able to help you.

Okay, but everyone talks about the product code, they want a proof but I don't have proof...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

Okay, but everyone talks about the product code, they want a proof but I don't have proof...

Some people have gotten it in the past without having a product code.

What do you have to lose by trying except time?
  • Options
    Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member

They dont require a product code. They will just give it to you. As stated above, if someone says no just keep trying until someone says yes. But I dont think they will say no.
  • Options
    Okay, I will try. Thank's all.
    Lu4ERme.gif