Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UL glitches

lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
edited April 2017 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
Okay, so I'm lost.

1) if my sim invites a friend to visit after returning from uni, it obliterates their relationship.

My sim had a girlfriend while at university and invited her to visit... their relationship bar was full. But, as soon as she arrived in the home world, their relationship was 'acquaintances'. I cheated them back to best friends with testingcheatsenabled true and had him perform romantic interactions to 'extremely irresistible' but he couldn't 'propose going steady'.

(thankfully, I was able to move his gf in and have her 'propose going steady', after which he was finally able to marry her.)

Worth noting: all of his uni relationships disappeared from the relationship panel like none of those Sims ever existed.

This never happened when I was still using my disc copies. But, ever since moving everything to Origin, I've had this issue.

2) University appears to be corrupt.

Not sure why, since my last Sim went and graduated just fine. But I tried to send another and it loads, I select a dorm for my sim to live in, click the checkmark... and everything just stops. I can use the mouse to move around in map view, but that's it. The lot never loads, there's no user interface... nothing.

Origin just updated, so I'm wondering if that's what caused the problem.

I really (and I mean really) don't want mods in my game, but this is a legaacy save, so I'm desperate. Any suggestions?
I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Sounds like (1) and (2) are the same issue to me. If the instance of Uni World is corrupt, then the sims the game would pull from there to come visit you would be even more incomplete than expected and your sim's relationship with them would indeed be broken.

When not using mods, you should never have a visiting foreign sim join a household or marry. They are incomplete versions of themselves with not enough data brought over with them to do this safely. Again without mods, it's always safer to get foreign sims to join your household while in their world and bring them home with you as then fellow residents.

Your probable only recourse to continue sending sims to Uni within that game is to go into your save folder for the game being played, find the Sims University nhd file (not the small export file that often forms alongside of it, that one doesn't matter), and pull it out. The next time you travel a sim to Uni, a new instance of the world should spawn. Note that it will have all of the same townies and students that the first one had, now unplayed as they all were in the very beginning.

I understand that you had a smoother running install prior, but Origin itself, its updates, and Patch 1.69 don't have anything to do with how the game plays. Only how it starts up.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    Thanks @igazor ~ I'll give that a try if it happens again, although I'm not sure why I had zero issues bringing visitors from uni prior.

I speculated about Origin being the cause as I had 2 EPs transferred from one account to the other and EA Support warned me that this can cause game-breaking glitches. But it seems to be working again for the time being.

Thankfully I had 2 saves just a few minutes apart and was able to send my second Sim to uni... I had to put her on the same lot that her brother lived on, but everything is working normally so far.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif