Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't play my game!

For some reason today I can't seem to play my game, I click on the play option in Origin, and it doesn't do anything, won't bring up the launcher, won't do anything, is anyone else having the same problem? I'm getting sick of all the problems I'm having with the Sims 3, but Sims 4 just doesn't do anything for me until they bring out a season's pack!

Comments

• Options
    ElenaBoleynElenaBoleyn Posts: 1,084 Member
    Whitneysim wrote: »
    For some reason today I can't seem to play my game, I click on the play option in Origin, and it doesn't do anything, won't bring up the launcher, won't do anything, is anyone else having the same problem? I'm getting sick of all the problems I'm having with the Sims 3, but Sims 4 just doesn't do anything for me until they bring out a season's pack!

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? You can also download the game so it appears on your desktop.
    tumblr_ngslmgsCVw1rsntc8o4_250.gif
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I would suggest a few other things first.

-- Make sure Origin is up to date.
    -- Try running Repair Game. All that really does for TS3 is attempt to realign Origin, the base game, and its EP/SPs.
    -- Reboot your computer (if you haven't already).
    -- Try uninstalling and reinstalling Origin itself first, the games should stay in place and be recognized again on the reinstall.
    -- Try pulling your TS3 user game folder out of Documents to the Desktop for safekeeping (you can put it or its contents back again later) in case this or something inside of it is part of the issue; the game will spawn a new folder on its next attempted launch.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the game usually requires a Windows registry cleanup in between, would mean that all EP/SPs would have to be reinstalled as well, and usually by itself doesn't really accomplish anything.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    ElenaBoleynElenaBoleyn Posts: 1,084 Member
    Origins will save everything regardless. So they should be fine. If she has the disc then it's a problem...
    tumblr_ngslmgsCVw1rsntc8o4_250.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Origins will save everything regardless. So they should be fine. If she has the disc then it's a problem...
    If you uninstall an Origin managed TS3 base game, it will take all of the EPs/SPs down with it. This has been the case with Patch 1.69 since Jan 2016, although it didn't used to be. My point was that having to do a registry clean and then reinstall what could be the base game plus 20 packs, depending on how many they have, is not an incredibly efficient use of time if the problem was/is only with Origin itself or its handoff to the Launcher.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    RogueNill1RogueNill1 Posts: 3 New Member

I can't play the sims 3 on my android device and I don't know what to do. It says whenever I open it up "Error Marmalade v6.0.6" then some other stuff. I've asked so many people at EA what to do but none of what they said has worked. It won't let me play the game, can anyone help me?
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    RogueNill1 wrote: »

I can't play the sims 3 on my android device and I don't know what to do. It says whenever I open it up "Error Marmalade v6.0.6" then some other stuff. I've asked so many people at EA what to do but none of what they said has worked. It won't let me play the game, can anyone help me?
    Hi. This forum board is for the computer game, the one that runs on Windows/Mac. The one for mobile devices is over here:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/iphone-mobile-discussions

It doesn't get much posting activity though. If you can't find a helpful answer among the posts already there, I'm afraid either you will have to continue trying to get support from EA or possibly there actually is no answer. :/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    WhitneysimWhitneysim Posts: 554 Member
    I should update on my problem.... For some reason when I go to hit the play button in Origin, it doesn't seem as though it will bring up the launcher, but it does, the mouse hand doesn't change, but I'm still able to play the game, thanks for all the info and help!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Whitneysim wrote: »
    I should update on my problem.... For some reason when I go to hit the play button in Origin, it doesn't seem as though it will bring up the launcher, but it does, the mouse hand doesn't change, but I'm still able to play the game, thanks for all the info and help!
    I didn't think to ask this, but if the issue is that there is a long delay between clicking play and the Launcher actually showing up then that is to be expected. TS3 is reading and staging up all of your sims3pack related content, meaning store and CC, during the delay so it can display in the Launcher tabs. Depending on how much of this kind of content you have and fast/slow your system is, that bit right there can take a few minutes while it seems like nothing is happening (but it is).

I usually watch Task Manager while waiting for the Launcher to appear and I can see the load in temporary RAM usage as it builds up. Regardless, am glad that your game is working now. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!