Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

revamping plant sims

husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
been working on revamping plant sims current progress
RAsEDyA.png
i still have to add an cure
current stuff:
-no assigned hair
-vines on body that change color according to their water motives(green=full)(withred=empty)
-motives are now (sunlight,water,love and fun)
-magic "beans" tree is now fully green
-forbidden fruit tree is now different looking and no longer look like a plantain tree
- the magic beans can be found by fishing on sylvan glade (for when the challenge is over)
- sims can stay as plantsim with no time limits

any suggestions ?
yondu-guardians1.jpg
over here i post my cc
new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
you may know me as g1g2

Comments

• Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Awesome! Keep up the good work. This is probably... An extremely long shot. But people said flowers follow plantsims in ts2 or something (I've never played as a plant sim from ts2, I wouldn't know..). Would you able to take Grim's smoke that follows him and manipulate it into like a cloud of flowers that follows plantsims instead? There is a reaper trait on mts that adds the smoke to sims, if that helps. I don't know if it still works.

And plantsims can reproduce asexually. Could you add an interaction that makes a crib with a baby spawn that then becomes a member of the household and the plantsims child? Because Idk which game but sims are said to be able to shake seeds on the ground from their head and then grow a plantsim baby. This is probably too advanced but I think that's the features people are missing in the ts4 plantsims? I've never had experience with plantsims before but these sound like cool features, if you could achieve them that would be wonderful.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Awesome! Keep up the good work. This is probably... An extremely long shot. But people said flowers follow plantsims in ts2 or something (I've never played as a plant sim from ts2, I wouldn't know..). Would you able to take Grim's smoke that follows him and manipulate it into like a cloud of flowers that follows plantsims instead? There is a reaper trait on mts that adds the smoke to sims, if that helps. I don't know if it still works.

And plantsims can reproduce asexually. Could you add an interaction that makes a crib with a baby spawn that then becomes a member of the household and the plantsims child? Because Idk which game but sims are said to be able to shake seeds on the ground from their head and then grow a plantsim baby. This is probably too advanced but I think that's the features people are missing in the ts4 plantsims? I've never had experience with plantsims before but these sound like cool features, if you could achieve them that would be wonderful.

the first one could be possible but i'm not sure if effects are editable yet so i have to test otherwise i could use the puddle re-mesh them into flowers and make sims spawn them behind them when they move and make them disappear after maybe 5 second or so (just like ts3)

as for reproducing asexually is in the back of my mind and will try to do it lets hope it works out

thanks for your suggestion :)

edit: the cure is done
    5sRarzS.png
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    edited April 2017
    oki so them leaving flower while walking didn't work but instead i was able to make them spawn flowers/weed when they pollen :)
    5AjPyfM.png

as for the second suggestion that is going to be delayed maybe to the second version as spring holiday is ending and i won't have the same free time hope that's okay
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    Thank you sooo much for helping the plant sims! <3
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    Wyrren wrote: »
    Thank you sooo much for helping the plant sims! <3

glad to help <3
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    hey husseinandali, Still loving the mod, but a few things...

When my plant sim talks to plants her love motive doesn't increase.
    And is there any way to change the weeds that sprout, so they look like flowers?
  • Options
    hey husseinandali, Still loving the mod, but a few things...

When my plant sim talks to plants her love motive doesn't increase.
    And is there any way to change the weeds that sprout, so they look like flowers?

thanks for reporting i have updated with a fix.
    now i have some bad news :#
    for "love" i had to revert it back to social as it will require to override all sims interaction that have chating on them and it will be a conflicting mess.

the only way to change the weed is if there is an effect in game that have flowers growing in it as effect are not yet editable
    if you are aware of any i could change

hope that's okay :smile:
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    Not terrible news, I can deal with having social back. lol Love was a neat idea though.
    And yeah, I can't think of anything to replace weeds with. Just wanted to ask.

I downloaded the new update. Thank you again! :)
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I really like this mod. Thanks for creating it!
  • Options
    thanks guys :)
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    hey, me again!

So, I read that someone had a plant sim that was low on sunlight at night and she died because they couldn't get sunlight until morning.... My own sim gets low on sunlight at night and I'm always making her stay outside during the day to ensure sure she doesn't die at night.

Do you think there could be a way to stop them dying? Maybe pass out instead? I'm really not sure what can be done....

Or if someone could create a light that acts as solar light for plant sims that need it at night? I have no idea if this is possible.

It just seems like a big hole that needs needs a fix, and you are my plant sim go-to. ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    hey, me again!

So, I read that someone had a plant sim that was low on sunlight at night and she died because they couldn't get sunlight until morning.... My own sim gets low on sunlight at night and I'm always making her stay outside during the day to ensure sure she doesn't die at night.

Do you think there could be a way to stop them dying? Maybe pass out instead? I'm really not sure what can be done....

Or if someone could create a light that acts as solar light for plant sims that need it at night? I have no idea if this is possible.

It just seems like a big hole that needs needs a fix, and you are my plant sim go-to. ;)

or lamps can make you photosynthesis
    as you see in this pic all lamps have fire on them and there is a cozy buff which is there because of the lamps and not the fireplace.
    now its a matter of removing the fire and changing the buff and you plantsims should be able to photosynthesis at night/inside.
    3MPcwvt.png
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    Awesome! Can't wait!
  • Options
    KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    Hi so sorry to ask this here, but you guys now if theres a way to change the looks of a plant sim???

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• Options
    GersonjoseantonioGersonjoseantonio Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! The mod is perfection!! Thank you, but I just have a bug: the sunlight motive in the motives section, shows a llama instead of the sun. How can that be fixed?