Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sorak4's 2500 Post Special

Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
edited April 2017 in Off Topic Chat
Introduction
Well, it's been 2500 comments since I first joined, though despite my profile detailing it as August 2013, it's truly been 2015 since I made my first real appearance.
Since it's a big milestone personally I've decided it warrants it's own post. I'll explain all about my reasons for my old ways and will explain what caused each thing. This will be split into 6 sections, the intro being one of them.

Why did I, the Sorak join in the first place
I joined the officially Sims forums in 2013 after buying the Sims 3. I had a forum account for some time because of this, though I never used it.
Sometime in 2015 I unofficially joined for troubleshooting advice since I ended up breaking saves. After staying here for the trouble shooting, I started to lurk the help forums until such was needed. After awhile I ended up getting into Off Topic and describing my Sims 3 journeys in another discussion.

What caused the original 'Darius' usage
E0Tj8eY.jpg A tiny angry version of him for you to see.
This man known as Darius originated from EA's very own Need For Speed Carbon as some of you know. I used to play NFSC quite a bit and each time I would play I eventually would end up seeing cut scenes with his rather exaggerated faces. Unsure to even myself now it did make me quite amused, and around 2013 ended up saving screenshots from certain cut scenes with his exaggerated faces for unknown reasons.

When a certain thread came up I posted a Darius picture in it, entirely out of the blue, and it started something I prefer to consider as a complete change to my general self. I started and couldn't stop, led a thread to it's downfall, an unfortunate event I regret. Overtime it started to mix with something that also completely changed my self. Darius became almost like a fan favorite of mine, appearing in all types of games you wouldn't expect, from the Sims to others.

Feel free to look at older discusssions of mine in order to get a gist of what Darius' usage was like or more about his character in general.

The Sorak's Soraka usage.
Ah, yes. The origin of my username. I got into League of Legends a while back and mained Soraka. It was one of my favorite characters. As most people do they eventually use it as a wallpaper. I however ended up also using it as my persona here on the forums. Probably for the better, most outside don't recognize me that way. Like we know with Darius I also eventually started using that on the forums in a rather risky way on two threads that the Darius/Soraka combination ruined. Also being at some point obsessed.

After a while, the flames finally cooled and I rid of the idea of Soraka as a thing to use, this is because I realized the damage would be too great on my reputation should I use it for even a post longer. Darius remained a little longer before slowly dimming in usage to bearable levels.

Modern Sorak: The flames that cooled down

What caused me to change so much so sudden? April 2016, I met who still stands to be my best internet friend all because of a common interest in beta content. They changed me quite a lot, which I thank them for. I slowly started to use their personality and had them as a huge rolemodel to me. Overtime this led to a noticeable cooling of the flames that was once Soraks. A change I welcome, I feel like I'm not burdened by usage of images. I've also gotten wiser about certain subjects such as making NFS edits.

In order to adapt and be more of a face to welcome and not close doors on in the forums I've entirely changed what I feature as an avatar to numerous Touhou characters.

The Soraks' future.
A part for me that's still shrouded in mist, what ever my future may be on these forums, I'll be sure to make the best of it. I do have future plans to reuse older ideas such as Darius BUT in a new way that fits and isn't going to make anyone loathe me. On these forums are plenty of areas that could be of interest to me and I plan on eventually appearing more than a mere off-topic-er.

Thank you for reading all of this if you have, it does mean quite a bit.

MCdkflL.gifBut well, it's been 2500 comments since I were here. It's party time.MCdkflL.gif
L9q8VGi.png

Comments

• Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Keep the noise down.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Congratulations! :+1:

Darius and Soraka would be proud!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!