Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Alternative" SP concept (of the subcultures/fashion styles/etc.)

The basic idea for this stuff pack: it revolves around the fashion styles and references to various alternative subcultures or communities/groups (that would also contain pieces for the household), primarily including that of:
  • Gothic (Cybergoth, Romantic, Nu/Pastel, Trad...)
  • Punk (Hardcore, Deathrock)
  • Metal (Heavy, Death)
  • Skater/Pop Punk/Scene (incl. Emo-Pop style, maybe Metalcore)
  • Raver
  • Grunge
  • Industrial (Rivethead)
(This is a growing list subject to change, so please, if there are other alternative subcultures or groups that you can recommend, don't hesitate to mention them! Also, if you can suggest some substyles within each of these groups that may be the most popular substyles, I may include them in the list~)
--
There would be a range of fashion styles for each category of articles and accessories, including a small variety of popular facial piercings (covering the areas such as of the nose, lips, eyebrows, and other areas of the ears).

Hairstyles:
Cybergoth (synthetic falls)
c482c1b5d44d535d2ec025d9a580fd2c.jpg
Trad goth (teased)
tumblr_nu88jeiAOM1qj3r9uo1_500.jpg
Liberty Spikes (punk)
1020572_scan0012.jpg?1367844647
Deathhawk (punk/deathrock)
Deathrocker+3.jpg
Scene (layered, choppy, side-swept; can be long or short)
Scene-Hairstyles.png2229874_orig.jpg
Industrial (half-shaved [long or short] or short mohawk)
ead28541090f54bebb9d115ae4eef244.jpg
8d5b0492ef0d9c793a79b53580cbe862.jpg
11_svk_hands_color2_print.jpg

Accessories:
Include other styles of choker necklaces (tattoo choker, o-ring choker, plain style with various symbol charms...), earrings (plugs/tunnel plugs, circular barbells or captive bead rings), wristbands/cuffs/bracelets (spiked leather), gloves (fishnet, fingerless; of short + long lengths), headwear/headgear (goggles, respirator masks, surgical masks [could be plain or include a few designs], roses headband, wide brim hats, slouchy beanie hats, animal ears), leggings/socks (ripped tights, ripped fishnet tights, horizontal stripes, faux knee high tights [maybe some with a design], tights with all-over bats, tights with skeleton/bone print), and also the fuzzy leg warmers (as of Cybergoths + Ravers).
Also maybe a few extra tattoo designs...

Clothing -- having a more "DIY" style to them overall, also including some band tees that would emulate the styles of (most) each alternative subculture/community.
Tops:
Such as something with a long trench coat, studded/patched/spiked leather or denim jackets, sweaters with dark imagery, short-/long-sleeved mesh or fishnet layered tops, vests with vinyl/plastic panels (for the cybergoth/raver/industrial)...
Bottoms:
Such as long + short cargo-style skirts with hardware, layered frilly/laced skirts (romantic goth), long cargo-style shorts with hardware (masculine), patterned skinny jeans, ripped "mom"-style jeans, trousers with straps:
s-l300.jpg
Footwear (excluding thick/heavy platforms, since I don't think the design would work in the game...):
Such as winklepickers (plain or buckled), steel-toe boots (with the obvious metal toe cap), multi-strapped/buckled boots (with the strap ends sticking out and a rounder toe, compared to the existing pair of multi-strapped boots in the base game), knee-high leather/vinyl boots, knee-high basic combat boots, "witch"-style footwear, creeper shoes (with many colorways of course~), chunky platform boots like these:
PLATFORMS2.jpg
--
Thoughts? Upvotes? Suggestions? Please leave a comment if this is a SP concept you'd like/wish to see! :)

I only bring all of this up because I know there are some Simmers out there who like alternative fashion styles and music, so if this could become a popularly requested idea for a SP, that would be really great to see happen~ (Plus, all the more likely to sell quite well if there are many who would support and request this sort of "Alternative" SP concept.)

Comments

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I think I've posted two variations of this thread :p

This sort of thing would fit with a band themed pack. Or university (including bands)
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    I've been begging for a "Street Style" pack like this forever, from even before TS4 launched. In fact, I was going to post a similar thread like this a few days ago but incorporated it instead as part of another pack I pitched, a Hot Date style EP that gives us stores (or a mall venue) where we can that buy clothes at different shops that cater to a particular subculture.

So yeah, I am totally down with this. These would be my choices:
    1. Punk
    2. Harajuku (Lolita, decora kei, gyaru, etc.)
    3. Gothic
    4. Hip Hop
    5. Skater
    6. Cyberpunk

Maybe these as well:
    1. Steampunk
    2. Biker
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    I need this! For all my rebellious teens and stylish YAs, and even some forever-young adults.
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • Options
    snowqueen51snowqueen51 Posts: 9 New Member
    I think that this is an awesome idea. Not all my Bollywood teenagers want to be clean cut like their parents.

IDK if their is preppy/nerdy clothes yet.
  • Options
    randomrachel05randomrachel05 Posts: 31 Member
    I love this idea! My sims need more edge to em!
  • Options
    MEP199MEP199 Posts: 46 Member
    This is exactly what I want! I feel like all packs so far have a very similar style to them, like preppy, chic, girly.. we need some variation and diversity:D
  • Options
    SihuSihu Posts: 73 Member
    I want this too!
    The last update had two clothes kinda similar to this styles and it makes me hope that in the future we might get more.