Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Childhood Feels Like it's Coming to an End...

DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
edited March 2017 in Off Topic Chat
Within a week of eachother, Naruto is officially 100% over, and Club Penguin will be closing down in a few days time...

Naruto is my favourite anime of all time, purely because Naruto was so relatable to me when I was younger (and still is now)!
Unlike every other anime hero that always wins, has loads of friends, and is just generally awesome at life, Naruto was HATED BY EVERYONE for most of Part 1! Like me, he had no friends, and like me, he was hated by random people for no reason whatsoever for nearly his whole childhood (and we're both slightly crazy loud-mouths too)! I'm glad to say that I grew up with him, and I'm glad to see him finally get his dreams; hopefully I'll be able to get mine too. :)
I'm going to miss it a bunch; I watched every thursday to see what insanity was going to happen next! Now that's gone, I have no freaking clue what I'm going to do with my Thurdsay evenings!
Yes, there's Boruto coming out, but it's really not the same; Boruto is really annoying, but unlike Naruto, he has NO REASON TO BE! :/ He doesn't have hatred all around him; he's liked by everyone 'cus he's "Naruto's kid"!

Anyways, then there's Club Penguin; a website that I thought would probably last the apocalypse, but it's closing down next Thursday morning (no joke, I WILL be getting up at 6am so I can play in it's last hours)...
I spent way too much money on it, 'nuff said. As with Poptropica, I loved it's quirky sense of humour when I first joined in 2009, but UNLIKE Poptropica, it gradually lost it's charm over time; the original creators left, the art style started looking like a dying potato rather than a cute penguin, and there were more sponsored Disney parties than ACTUAL ORIGINAL parties.
Nevertheless, I bought all the merch I could see, I had full membership from 2009 to 2015, and I still love it to bits. Alas, it's still all over in a few days. It's going to be REALLY horrible to see most of my younger years go "poof" in an instant, but there's really nothing anyone can do about it; they truly did this to themselves.

Anybody else's childhood being ripped apart in front of their eyes? Feel free to comment! xD