Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Butlers are sims, too. Please give them basic needs as normal sims.

kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
edited March 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I'm having some issues with butlers in The Sims 4.
Butlers are also sims.
They should have basic needs as normal sims.
Now they just look like robots to me...
I know that there is a mod to fix this issue.
But I still hope that the SimGurus can fix it in the game by a patch.

And there are also some other bugs with the butlers.
Every time when you let all your sims on the house lot go out to other lots, your butler will be replaced by another one.
That's really annoying.
I'm glad to see that the SimGurus have fixed butlers' obsession with the globe bar.
Please keep improving them.
Thank you! :)

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    As for the last issue: is it possible to save the butler you have to your library and when he or she gets changed, change them back in CAS? I know it's annoying nonetheless, but at least there's a solution (if it's possible).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    As for the last issue: is it possible to save the butler you have to your library and when he or she gets changed, change them back in CAS? I know it's annoying nonetheless, but at least there's a solution (if it's possible).

It's possible I think.
    But by this way you simply create a clone of another sim. :s
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I don't know if it's just an issue with your game, but I have seen my butler sleep, cook meals for himself and eat them, take a soak in my bath tub, and use the bathroom. Also he doesn't change when I swap lots. I've had the same butler since the pack was released and even customized him and his traits to my liking.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I have to say that when I found out butlers do not have the same needs as a normal sim, this completely put me off using them. I have never even bothered to hire one, I feel like they completely spoiled them by making them semi-robots.

I'm sure the butler would have plenty of time in their normal routine to pee and bathe etc, having less needs just makes them feel less real and less appealing.
  • Options
    I don't know if it's just an issue with your game, but I have seen my butler sleep, cook meals for himself and eat them, take a soak in my bath tub, and use the bathroom. Also he doesn't change when I swap lots. I've had the same butler since the pack was released and even customized him and his traits to my liking.

Wow. I guess that you're lucky.
    I never saw my butler using the bathroom or taking a shower. :o
  • Options
    I have to say that when I found out butlers do not have the same needs as a normal sim, this completely put me off using them. I have never even bothered to hire one, I feel like they completely spoiled them by making them semi-robots.

I'm sure the butler would have plenty of time in their normal routine to pee and bathe etc, having less needs just makes them feel less real and less appealing.

Yes. I totally agree.
    I stop hiring them because this and the switchable-butler bug.
    I hope that the SimGurus can fix them soon. :'(