Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uuuummmm...scary neighbors?

So my Sim is living in the city and taking a nap before work...a neighbor comes walking to my door (locked door because I read on the forums about naughty neighbors sneaking in the apartment) and my game camera zooms in on this sweet looking elderly lady, a villainous fanfare begins to play, she does some claws hands pose thing...

I just got back into playing after a hiatus but haven't seen this...something new? Evil trait? Are my Sims evolving into chucky dolls or something?

Comments

• Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Vampire. Coming to drink your blood!
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    iamsam32iamsam32 Posts: 67 Member
    Aaaahhhhhh...whew...glad I locked the door and the sun is up by work time...

No more trusting sweet old ladies for Jewell!
  • Options
    Oh and thank you! I wondered but she looked so normal compared to the vampire guy...lol
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Most likely she was a townie vampire. They can look very normal. Some vampires, like Vlad, can break in even if your door is locked but they have to have the special Vampiric Entrance trait. Most townie generated vampires don't come equipped with that, so the most they can do is knock..lol.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    Well, nobodies home!
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited March 2017
    One of the townie vampires tried to break into my heir's bedroom, so I had my sim get up and shoot her with the freeze ray from the scientist career. Worked like a charm.
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Maybe it's Mrs. Crumplebottom. She's pretty judgmental and I wouldn't be surprised if she was a vampire. Either that or it's the evil witch from Snow White. :wink:
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    Maybe it's Mrs. Crumplebottom. She's pretty judgmental and I wouldn't be surprised if she was a vampire. Either that or it's the evil witch from Snow White. :wink:

Oh I miss Mrs. Crumplebottom!!! But yes, it is as the others have stated. If you have the vampire pack it sounds like she is generated vampire. Also, if a vampire is breaking in, you will not be able to go into build mode or manage worlds. I don't think you can access the gallery either. Just have to wait for it to be over, so its good that you locked your door!!!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    One of the townie vampires tried to break into my heir's bedroom, so I had my sim get up and shoot her with the freeze ray from the scientist career. Worked like a charm.
    @AfterMidnight You should do that while the vampire is outside, at about 5am. An hour later the sun comes out and the vampire burns without being able to move >:)
  • Options
    The big guy came back the next night and mesmerized me but didn't come in and I didn't go out so input her back to bed and it was all good...lol
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    What got me was when a vampire was drinking from my sim, her husband just stood there like nothing was happening, you'd think he's at least react in some way, or try to chase them off or something. But no, let's just go get yet another drink of water, or wash our hands for the 30th time that day (man, these sims are obsessive compulsive).

I don't even like vampires & only bought the pack for the neighborhood, so all resident vampires have since been kicked out Simdom. I've also since converted all my played sims' homes to private dwelling under lot traits, because I was also tired of random sims wandering into apartments & making themselves at home there. Try that if the constant home invasions start getting on your nerves.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    You should get some garlic.
    Vampires hate garlic
    But yeah, those sim neighbors are really sketchy, especially in the apartments always breaking in
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif