Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims going invisible!

So I've had this problem for a while now every time I play a legacy save. Sims will disappear, but still exist. I will find them with thought bubbles wondering around the world, then following at bubble back to their house so that I know which sim it is. I then move that sim out of their house, then back in, and it fixes the issue.

But how can I prevent it? Has anyone been able to pinpoint what causes this issue?

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2017
    Yes, it means their outfit assignments have gone bad. Not the outfits themselves, the assignments from the sim to them. For active sims, all that should really be needed is to trigger a change of clothes (and maybe back again), using the outfits they already have. Getting inactives who have gone invisible to change their clothes can be a bit trickier.

For those not averse to using mods, NRaas MasterController has an Outfit command that can do this on the spot for individual sims. Click on the ground of the lot they are on to reach them, or use City Hall for a town-wide list if you know their names. DebugEnabler has a Fix Invisible Sims command that will check every sim's outfit in town and attempt to fix all of the bad assignments at once.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Woah! That's amazing! Thank you so much!