Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are There Any SimGurus Online?

CieloSimsCieloSims Posts: 143 Member
edited March 2017 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
I've been trying to get into contact with a SimGuru for help on changing my username. I've looked at a few SimGurus' profiles, and they have been inactive for some time. I've had the same username for 3 years, and I'd really like to change it. I don't understand why there isn't an option to change it ourselves. If someone could help me change my username, that would be great. Thank you!
Origin ID: CieloSims

Comments

• Options
    KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited March 2017
    Same with me. A lot of people seem to be waiting for help with username changes. I was told by one of the gurus to contact @SimGuruDrake since she's the forum moderator, but haven't heard back since I made the request in early January.

Honestly, I don't know if there's anyone else that can help with that. There used to be several forum moderators, but apparently they haven't been active for a long time. Guess I'll just continue to be patient until someone gets around to helping me or if an option would become available to change it ourselves that would be nice.
  • Options
    CieloSimsCieloSims Posts: 143 Member
    I wrote on SimGuruDrake's wall twice, and a private message within the last 2 weeks. Oh well, I've had the same username for 3 yrs, what's another three :(
    Origin ID: CieloSims
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Drake has not been active since March the 2nd :( No idea where the mods are I there are any. I am sure that someone is moderating as some threads do get moved if they need to be but the forums feel somewhat empty at the moment which doesn't help as there has been some tension mounting up lately :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    XxbloodprincexXXxbloodprincexX Posts: 66 Member
    Same with me. I actually not too long ago sent SimGuruDrake a message myself requesting a name change, and have gotten no response yet. I read a post somewhere on here that said you should try contacting them via twitter as they are not as active on the forums anymore.
    aricarai wrote: »
    @RoryPlaysTheSims - you should try @SimGuruDrake on twitter as she hasn't been responding to anything on the forums in quite some time.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @XxbloodprincexX - yes try twitter, they seem to be quite active over there. Contests, interactions with fans and other gurus!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    My problem is I'm not sure how to use Twitter to contact someone. Since I've never used social media platforms before, I wouldn't have a clue where to start. Kind of wish there were better instructions on ways to contact moderators on this site since I'm kind of a novice when it comes to a lot of the newer technologies. :|

EA customer support doesn't seem to be able to help either, so I'm kind of at a loss as to what I should do other than be patient and wait for a response on here, which I'm perfectly willing to do if need be. :)

By the way, I noticed there is an option to change one's username and password here, but it seems to be greyed out for me. Maybe that's deliberate, not sure.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2017
    My problem is I'm not sure how to use Twitter to contact someone. Since I've never used social media platforms before, I wouldn't have a clue where to start. Kind of wish there were better instructions on ways to contact moderators on this site since I'm kind of a novice when it comes to a lot of the newer technologies. :|

EA customer support doesn't seem to be able to help either, so I'm kind of at a loss as to what I should do other than be patient and wait for a response on here, which I'm perfectly willing to do if need be. :)

By the way, I noticed there is an option to change one's username and password here, but it seems to be greyed out for me. Maybe that's deliberate, not sure.

To use Twitter to contact someone, just post a comment with their user handle in it, starting with @. They will see it. Twitter notifications, unlike here, actually work consistently.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    To use Twitter to contact someone, just post a comment with their user handle in it, starting with @. They will see it. Twitter notifications, unlike here, actually work consistently.

I'll give it a try and will see if I can figure it out. Guess I haven't ever made an account there before so this is all new to me. Thank you for the help. :)
  • Options
    ReclusiveEagleReclusiveEagle Posts: 86 Member
    edited March 2017
    Unfortunately SimGuruDrake is the PR/Global Community Manager, she cant do all that and moderate every single request given to her. The only way to really contact her is on twitter.
    Post edited by ReclusiveEagle on
    Eagle.
  • Options
    ReclusiveEagleReclusiveEagle Posts: 86 Member
    Also try contacting the other SimGuru's on twitter such as SimGuruNinja (who has plenty of time for twitter apparently), SimGuruPanda,SimGuruDaniel,SimGuruMegs and SimGuruHouts.
    Eagle.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Edit: Never mind. Got it all sorted out.
    Post edited by Kendrana on