Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many among you are low earners in Real Life

PawelK198604PawelK198604 Posts: 323 Member
edited February 2017 in Off Topic Chat
I'm from Poland and i'm low earner i'm poor but not so much.
but i rather east only microwave food or Korean instead noodle https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1271/8563/products/vifon_kimchi_bag_9005451_1024x1024.jpg?v=1464300003
quit popular among Polish College students and low earners rather noy buy new DLC/Expansion for my beloved SIMS, i like the new one with allow sims live in a flat but i prefer my sims live in expansive mansion, living in apartment is too close to my own real life LOL :lol:

But those expansive DLC does this guys in EA lost their MIND!!!
(but after minute of rage i remember that EA is EA :lol: )
Only DLC like vampires and all those magical DLC i not buy i want me sims be as close to reality as is possible, but i can accept aliens and hope aliens exist IRL :smile:

But i still think that TS4 is BIG step backward in relation to TS3?
How many agree with me?

Comments

• Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited February 2017
    If you think TS4's 20-bucks-once-every-3-months DLC is expensive, you would have lost your mind at the sheer expense of The Sims 3's microtransactions.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I don't understand what the title of this topic has to do with your comment.
    are you wanting to know if simmers work???? or are you asking do they play their games like their real life's as to where their sim live etc.??
    If you're asking if they work I can see this thread soon being deleted or closed.

if you're asking do we play our sims like our real life's, then no. My sims live in houses and apartments. some will be poor and some will be rich.

what is DLC????
  • Options
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    If you think TS4's 20-bucks-once-every-3-months DLC is expensive, you would have lost your mind at the sheer expense of The Sims 3's microtransactions.

Yes TS3 was too expansive IMHO but it was better than TS4 is now.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Only DLC like vampires and all those magical DLC i not buy i want me sims be as close to reality as is possible, but i can accept aliens and hope aliens exist IRL :smile:
    I'm the opposite, I love vampires, and I don't want my game to be too realistic, since it's my escape from reality
    But i still think that TS4 is BIG step backward in relation to TS3?
    In some ways it is, in others it's not. It's more of a step to the side, rather than forward or back.

I don't understand what the title of this topic has to do with your comment.
    are you wanting to know if simmers work???? or are you asking do they play their games like their real life's as to where their sim live etc.??
    If you're asking if they work I can see this thread soon being deleted or closed.

if you're asking do we play our sims like our real life's, then no. My sims live in houses and apartments. some will be poor and some will be rich.

what is DLC????
    DLC= downloadable content

I think the topic is about the cost of the packs. And comparing 4 to 3.

I'm a poor person, I've only got one stuff pack, and it was won in a cometition here on the forum.
    But I do have all the EPs, cos I think they're worth more than stuff packs are. But I only ever buy them when they are on sale.
    And I also have OR, got it on sale. The vampire pack is the only thing I've payed full price for, for TS4.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    edited February 2017
    In TS2 and TS3 I let my sims live perfect lives of I tried to anyway. I'm starting to stray from that in TS4 because it is just way too easy. This time creating drama and struggle is the challenge.

I am not rich but I have all the packs for ts3 (minus the 3 i had zero interest in) and 4. I had majority of the store content as well. My cousin and I usually went half on buying packs in the original and ts2
    Post edited by LolaLuvsSims on
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Thank you @Movotti for explaining it to me.
    I view sims4 as just different than the previous sim games. better in so many ways and just different in others.
    As to cost. I don't drink alcohol I don't have a car or a mortgage and I don't smoke. Sims is my pleasure and my little escape from reality. I buy what I can when I can and what I want. I don't have vampires or spooky stuff because they don't interest me at all.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I agree that stuff packs are actually expensive compared to EP or GP. Thats why I never buy SP on their own
  • Options
    FrejaFreja Posts: 159 Member
    edited February 2017
    I don't think Sims are super expensive, have you seen the price tag of South Park :weary: . Where I live, you can get a stuff pack or two packs of rolled tobacco containing some serious elements. I just get my priorities straight. But I would rather too have instant noodles for a day or two, but have things I want to have :joy:
    But truly poor people probably don't even care about sims, I guess they have much more to worry about :confused:
  • Options
    philkewleyphilkewley Posts: 552 Member
    quote @Movotti "...I don't want my game to be too realistic, since it's my escape from reality"

that about sums it up. BTW I retired early due to ill health and have no regular income! And I won't get a pension until I am 110 either cos I live in the UK. But I find a way of raising cash needed for DLC because I want it :)
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I am retired from the education field, we have medical issues, and just had a fire in our home. We do not drink or smoke or gamble. We live a simple life and go out to eat as a treat. My husband retired postal has cancer. We are not rich, but we have things we care about and are willing to spend our "fun money"on. He spends it on postal cards and books, I spend mine on yarn, cloth, and sims. I am frugal everywhere else and so I have money to manage from time to time to gift others packs, and to buy packs of my own, if I enjoy them.
    I have grandchildren I enjoy spoiling, and often do. I also love to give the gifts I do. It is my pleasure. Why not spend on what you enjoy. A psychiatrist would cost so much more?
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm in the middle of changing jobs. The Sims is a great stress reliever for me in times like that. I also like to play it in the winter as a way to pass the time until warmer weather. I do sometimes play it throughout the rest of the year but winter is when I tend to play it a lot.

The expensive part of The Sims for me is affording the kind of computer that plays it well. That's a big reason why I quit before. I know that desktops are preferable to laptops for gaming but I did not have space or the lifestyle for a desktop. I'm not particularly savvy with computers but I bought a laptop that was supposed to work with Sims 3. In reality, that computer couldn't handle it and overheated. It might have fallen apart anyway regardless of my playing but after that I quit playing for a while.

Luckily, my boyfriend knows a lot about computers and he gifted me a very nice gaming laptop when he saw it on sale. He also bought a cooling fan for it which I can run to offset any overheating. So far, this one is working very well. He's the kind of person who builds his own computers so he is picky about what he thinks is good. This is why I was able to come back to playing The Sims.

I like Sims 4 and I don't think that it's a step backwards. I've liked all of the versions of the game that I played at the time. Sims 4 is better for rotational players so I play like that now. In 3, I would just play a family until I was bored or wanted to go to a new world. Now, I have an integrated save with about 10 households spread across the different worlds. I just play what I want to.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    I know the struggle all to well, but just never buy anything full price (there will always be a sale). If you want it day one, try to budget for it... Sometimes we get a month or two notice and if you can set aside a couple bucks here and it may be doable.

Also, not everything is a must have! Do your research (read/watch reviews) before buying something that you won't use. I rarely use the content from Spooky Stuff Pack, Cool Kitchen, and Backyard Stuff - 30 bucks could have been saved :P
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    The amount one earns and what they choose to spend their money on is two different conversations. EA is not to blame as to whether or not you can afford a video game. I've never been one for "keeping up with the Jones" purchase what your money allows you to and stop worrying about what other people doing..
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I am disabled and living in a 35ft travel trailer. I only have a moped and a bicycle as transportation. I go to doctor appointments, have to have RX every day (for the rest of my life). I play my Sims games to escape the harsh realities of my life, and I make my Sims live better than I do. Sometimes they don't act like they're grateful though. :lol: I don't go out on dates (or anything that requires meeting people) because I have autism and I'd get scared around others.

I have Sims3, all EP's (only SP I got is Sweet Treats). I was able to get Sims2 The Ultimate Collection back when it was offered for free (2014 I believe). I currently have only BASE for Sims4 due to wanting to buy in bundles.

Trust me - I know what it's like being as broke as the Ten Commandments!

I was abit confused about what was asked - do I work? or what Sim content do I have? Hopefully I answered your question.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    It's amazing how much simmers are sharing personal information. It's no one's concern whether or not one can afford a game or their income.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    I am not rich, but equally I don't think the DLC is expensive. However, some of it is junk. Yes, I am referring to Spooky Stuff, City Living and Get Together. I have all GPs and honestly, the only one out of the four that felt like a waste, but I like some things from it was Spa Day. I have Get To Work as my only EP and I think it is awesome for the business management side of things. As for SPs, I have Cool Kitchen, Luxury Party, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden and Perfect Patio. All of which add new gameplay -and the prices are lower for SPs now than they were in TS3 so they are more worth it to me. I will not pay the equivalent of $20 USD for a stuff pack so all of mine come from sales. Stuff packs weren't worth it for me in TS3, but I don't really know if I'm on or off topic here. Your thread is unclear so this may not be what you wanted to discuss, sorry in advance if that's the case. But yeah, I don't get them straight away and tend to look up info first. Sales come on very often for TS4 stuff so I really regret what the base game cost me. I also like to wait so I can enjoy the content I already have first.

If you can't afford DLC or think it's expensive or just want something even it doesn't add, there are plenty of free mods you can add to your game. They'll add tons of new features. In fact, they are really awesome and sometimes beat DLC :)
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    patience helps. Wait for a bit the price will surely come down.
  • Options
    RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    I'm a low earner. Disabled actually and fighting for disability so I literally have no money. Living with family for free currently.
    Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

• Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Revenwyn wrote: »
    I'm a low earner. Disabled actually and fighting for disability so I literally have no money. Living with family for free currently.

@Revenwyn

Good luck getting your disability! I had to fight years to get mine. I had to get a lawyer to help me (since judges and doctors can't speak the same language, I guess), but I finally got it! If you get told "no", re-apply! Don't give up! Good luck!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I am disabled and living in a 35ft travel trailer. I only have a moped and a bicycle as transportation. I go to doctor appointments, have to have RX every day (for the rest of my life). I play my Sims games to escape the harsh realities of my life, and I make my Sims live better than I do. Sometimes they don't act like they're grateful though. :lol: I don't go out on dates (or anything that requires meeting people) because I have autism and I'd get scared around others.

I have Sims3, all EP's (only SP I got is Sweet Treats). I was able to get Sims2 The Ultimate Collection back when it was offered for free (2014 I believe). I currently have only BASE for Sims4 due to wanting to buy in bundles.

Trust me - I know what it's like being as broke as the Ten Commandments!

I was abit confused about what was asked - do I work? or what Sim content do I have? Hopefully I answered your question.

I have Autism too (Asperger Syndrome) :D