Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Desktop that runs sims 4 well

DesiKnight07DesiKnight07 Posts: 572 Member
edited February 2017 in PC - Technical Discussions
Hi. I've been looking for a desktop that can run sims 4 well. I like to take a lot of pictures for storytelling, so good graphics is very important to me. I would also like to play the game without any lagging.

So far I found this desktop. Will it run the game well? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypower-desktop-intel-core-i5-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-120gb-solid-state-drive-2tb-hard-drive-black-red/5600201.p?skuId=5600201

Also does anyone have any suggestions for a gaming monitor and external cd rom that will work well with this desktop? My budget is $1000. I'm not the most tech savvy person, and the amount of choices is a little nerve-wracking. Thanks in advance. : )
85k4x.gif

Post edited by DesiKnight07 on

Comments

• Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Hi. I've been looking for a desktop that can run 4 well. I like to take a lot of pictures for storytelling, so good graphics is very important to me. I would also like to play the game without any lagging.

So far I found this desktop. Will it run the game well? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypower-desktop-intel-core-i5-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-120gb-solid-state-drive-2tb-hard-drive-black-red/5600201.p?skuId=5600201

Also does anyone have any suggestions for a gaming monitor and external cd rom that will work well with this desktop? My budget is $1000. I'm not the most tech savvy person, and the amount of choices is a little nerve-wracking. Thanks in advance. : )

Are you able to spend a little over the $1,000 for the tower? because you can get better quality if you went custom.
    http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1JJULX (custum link.)
    Comes with internal dvd rom (optical drive.) And wifi.
    Honestly i try to tell people to steer clear of the off the shelf desktops unless you are willing to add a cpu cooler (which may void the warranty) and make sure it's not a cheap power supply, As they tend to come with trash power supplies and not much cooling.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    edited February 2017
    @chesterbigbird Thanks so much! I checked it out, and I think I want to go with the tower you suggested. I was looking at the gaming monitors and there's so many to choose from. I was thinking about getting a 24" single monitor. Any suggestions? Is there any other accessories or core components I should add to the list?
    85k4x.gif

• Options
    edited February 2017
    @chesterbigbird Thanks so much! I checked it out, and I think I want to go with the tower you suggested. I was looking at the gaming monitors and there's so many to choose from. I was thinking about getting a 24" single monitor. Any suggestions? Is there any other accessories or core components I should add to the list?

What resolution gaming monitor were you after? 1080p?
    I modified the link above slightly.. took of the standard mouse and added the razor mouse and mouse pad for an extra $2 :) There really is not anything else that you need.. you may need a HDMI cable to go with the monitor (most monitors do not come with one.)
    Given the graphics card i would say to get a 1080p monitor like this :
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824025108
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236102
    You may need speakers depending on what monitor you buy.

Keep in mind the pc link is only valid for limited time because it is a link i modified.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    edited February 2017
    @chesterbigbird Yes, 1080p is fine. I decided to go with the second monitor link, I like that it includes speakers. Thanks again for the custom link. You explained everything perfectly. :)
    85k4x.gif

• Options
    @chesterbigbird Yes, 1080p is fine. I decided to go with the second monitor link, I like that it includes speakers. Thanks again for the custom link. You explained everything perfectly. :)

You are Very Welcome :)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide