Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Someone to Update Simulation Lag Fix

DrummerboyDrummerboy Posts: 89 Member
So if any of you are familiar, late last year a modder created a mod known as "Simulation Lag Fix" which fixes that lags that Sims may have when trying to perform an action. In case you aren't familiar, here's the link:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=585420

The mod worked great... up until the toddler update. It seems that the creator has totally abandoned the wonderful mod and the mod hasn't been updated to work with the most recent update. So the lag has returned, and trust me, once you play the Sims 4 without the lag and then have to play with the lag again, the game becomes so much more difficult to play.

My question is, are there any modders who are familiar with the code and know how to replicate and/or take over the Simulation Lag Fix mod and keep it updated? I've contacted the original modder and they haven't responded, so unless they get back into modding or the mod is recreated, the lag may stick. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Drummerboy wrote: »
    So if any of you are familiar, late last year a modder created a mod known as "Simulation Lag Fix" which fixes that lags that Sims may have when trying to perform an action. In case you aren't familiar, here's the link:

The mod worked great... up until the toddler update. It seems that the creator has totally abandoned the wonderful mod and the mod hasn't been updated to work with the most recent update. So the lag has returned, and trust me, once you play the Sims 4 without the lag and then have to play with the lag again, the game becomes so much more difficult to play.

My question is, are there any modders who are familiar with the code and know how to replicate and/or take over the Simulation Lag Fix mod and keep it updated? I've contacted the original modder and they haven't responded, so unless they get back into modding or the mod is recreated, the lag may stick. Thanks in advance!

I read somewhere (no idea where, sorry, unless it was in that mod's comments area) that this mod was broken because EA REMOVED the code he had built it from. So there really wasn't a way for him to update it at that point. He may not know how else to do it, if there's even a way, now. Maybe there is, and maybe somebody else will look into it for you, but IIRC this is why Simmythesim is done with that mod.
  • Options
    DrummerboyDrummerboy Posts: 89 Member

I read somewhere (no idea where, sorry, unless it was in that mod's comments area) that this mod was broken because EA REMOVED the code he had built it from. So there really wasn't a way for him to update it at that point. He may not know how else to do it, if there's even a way, now. Maybe there is, and maybe somebody else will look into it for you, but IIRC this is why Simmythesim is done with that mod.

Ah! That makes sense. Thanks for the heads up!
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member

I read this somewhere too but simmythesim has commented on the thread last week that nothing had changed in the code. :/
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Here's the message I saw...

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?p=5153472#post5153472

Quoting DrusillaSims:
    He isn't going to update it. I private messaged him on another site and he said the coding he used to fix the lag was removed by EA with the toddlers patch, so as far as he can tell he can't make it work anymore.

And here's the post from simmythesim:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?p=5163692#post5163692
    Since most of you have been asking for an update, and I finally had the time, I decided to look at the code... and absolutely nothing has changed. It seems that the toddlers update and City Living just made the game so much laggier.

• Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited September 2017
    hi all. i'm sorry to resurrect this thread, i know it's annoying. but i found this. maybe you have, too, but just in case. i don't know/understand much about mods but i'm hoping it will work.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
  • Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    please report back if you try it, @Pamtastic72. :)