Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Windows Movie Maker

Am I being a complete thick-o? Where do I download this from for Windows 10?

If Windows Movie Maker isn't a good editor, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    anneloes740anneloes740 Posts: 171 Member
    you can't download it from microsoft anymore, when I just google windows movie maker a website turns up that still allows you to download it from them.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @anneloes740 - do you happen to have the link as I just want to make sure that I'm downloading the right one :mrgreen:
  • Options
    I dunno if we are allowed to post links like that but its the .org one, shows up as second when I google windows movie maker.
  • Options
    Thank you :smile:
  • Options
    @anneloes740 - I keep getting a box coming up about buying it...do I have to click out of it each time?
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    It isn't amazing but may be worth it for simpler editing.

If you're going to buy one, go for Sony Vegas or the one by Adobe. I wouldn't pay for Windows Movie Maker personally because there's better out there.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    Yes I was looking into Adobe. I just want to try the first couple videos out on Windows to make sure videos is something I want to do. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    @aricarai yeah I had a box a few times as well and just clicked it away! I have switched over to adobe premiere myself, because I wanted to be able to add overlays and what not :)
  • Options
    MellowMellow Posts: 138 Member
    I use Hitfilm 4 express , its free for editing your videos and I do everything with it, I did my intro , my speed builds, speed paints etc my yt is Sim Mellow if you want to see how looks.
    21mc6e0.jpg
    My youtube channel with all my Sim paintings and CAS , speed builds HERE!
  • Options
    vronnie67vronnie67 Posts: 64 Member
    Mellow wrote: »
    I use Hitfilm 4 express , its free for editing your videos and I do everything with it, I did my intro , my speed builds, speed paints etc my yt is Sim Mellow if you want to see how looks.

Would you paint my avatar Sim for me like the way you did yours?
  • Options
    randy0331randy0331 Posts: 1 New Member
    The .org one is a scam! That is why it's asking you for payment. I found the real version at winmoviemaker.com - it's just the archived version of the original MS download. Good luck!
  • Options
    eric6a01eric6a01 Posts: 69 Member
    Windows movie maker is a little bit uncomplicated, you cant add two video bars together.