Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Antiques stuff Pack?

I would love an antiques stuff or game pack. Stuff if they only put stuff in it, but game pack if they added machines to make things like candlemaking, sewing, ect.

butter churns
antique phones
antique clocks
antique pictures
old time stoves
old time washers or washing boards
antique necklaces, rings, and bracelets
antique signs
antique radios
antique doll collection <3

Cars would be nice, but that would be in another pack

What can you add?

Comments

• Options
    AdanethAdaneth Posts: 45 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I would love an antiques stuff or game pack. Stuff if they only put stuff in it, but game pack if they added machines to make things like candlemaking, sewing, ect.

butter churns
    antique phones
    antique clocks
    antique pictures
    old time stoves
    old time washers or washing boards
    antique necklaces, rings, and bracelets
    antique signs
    antique radios
    antique doll collection <3

Cars would be nice, but that would be in another pack

What can you add?

The idea is really nice :smile:
    I like it when we get a lot of different style options in the game, like modest, shabby-chic, or romantic; not only contempory, and modern, but of course old-fashioned as well. It's important to have diversity when you want to create either castles or student-dorms or whatever one desires. I think, the idea of an Antiques-Stuff Pack would add nicely to some things we already have, but would also introduce new things to the game as well - which is the most important, of course!

To imagine this a little further, just for fun, I guess it would be quite sensible to make this a SP. Right now I could not think of an EP where this style would fit in (Pets, Seasons, Generation...? besides University maybe idk) and I could not think of GPs in general, besides more supernatual and vacation GPs. In some of them it might be fitting to add a few things like that, but maybe not with "antiques" as an overall theme.

It would not be difficult to add antique clocks, pictures, stoves, necklaces, rings, and bracelets, as well as signs, radios, and dolls, for we already got them in the game as objects. They are no new creations (the dolls would be like the MySims-dolls somehow clutter, right?).
    As they might add laundry in another pack, it isn't very likely that washers would come with a pack like this. As decor, however, it could add nicely to the overall atmosphere, similar with phones, since we do not have normal phones, only mobiles in the game. Butter churns could be an interesting gameplay feature though, if Sims would be able to use the butter for sandwiches or other dishes maybe! :smile: I like it, when stuff the Sims create can actually be useful (while I consider decoration also to be useful, e.g. pictures and those little figures from the wood-working bench).
    To summarise, I like your suggestions! :smiley:
    (Except for one little thing maybe; we already have an old-fashioned stove, so maybe this place could be occupied by something that would be awesome as well.)

What can I add? Hm. Firstly, while I have a perfectly cute image of an antique radio in my mind, I'd like to see a phonograph, too! I'd like to see both these things in a potential Antiques SP. (New music genre going with that?)

Further, there is one thing that came to my mind recently and would be pretty awesome imho: Typewriters! It is not really a new gameplay-object, for they could feature all the options for writing which are currently doable on computers. It would just require very little new animations! There could be one antique version, one simple and one retro version, so different Sims in different surroundings could use them :smile:

Some things could go in a steam-punk direction, too, for example some CAS items. Do you now these funny goggle things? (What are they called?) Also, corsets could be nice!!

Well, that's what I'd imagine!
    Do you have some reference pictures for what you'd like to see? Especially for the doll collection. I'd like to see that!
    (I think I can't post pictures yet^^)

To all Simmers reading this, have a nice day!
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Adaneth wrote: »
    Butter churns could be an interesting gameplay feature though, if Sims would be able to use the butter for sandwiches or other dishes maybe! What can I add? Hm. I have a perfectly cute image of an antique radio in my mind, I'd like to see a phonograph, too!Typewriters! It is not really a new gameplay-object, for they could feature all the options for writing which are currently doable on computers. There could be one antique version, one simple and one retro version, so different Sims in different surroundings could use them :smile:

Do you have some reference pictures for what you'd like to see? Especially for the doll collection. I'd like to see that!
    (I think I can't post pictures yet^^)

I really like your ideas as well and listed some above that I really liked. I would love to put pics on, but they make it so hard; still trying to figure that out. Thanks for your positive comments and I see that you are new(or just to this site), so welcome and have a great day. :)