Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suggestions for a new laptop

Zagatta7Zagatta7 Posts: 229 Member
My almost god Asus G73s has already 6 years old and it's starting to show problems around. In the event that it dies sometime which cheap laptop is good to play Sims 4? This one I am writing with was expensive.

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    The games requirements are for a mid range gaming desktop. You need a higher end gaming laptop to meet the requirements of a mid range gaming desktop. Laptops Im sure you know can not be upgraded like a desktop. You are stuck with the specs you buy. If buying a new laptop it needs to meet recommended requirements so you can insure it will survive the game as it adds more and more. This is not cheap. If you want to go with a lower budget I suggest desktop. They are cheaper than a gaming laptop. Some can be upgraded unlike a laptop and they are more powerful for gaming. What is your budget and country?
  • Options
    If you need a laptop and are in the USA, Newegg charges no tax outside CA, TN and NJ. This is $799 and is the lowest I would go for this game as far as laptop specs go. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154499&cm_re=gtx_960m-_-34-154-499-_-Product
  • Options
    Zagatta7Zagatta7 Posts: 229 Member
    Im from PR...usa territory. I saw the same laptop for the same price in TigerDirect.
  • Options
    Zagatta7 wrote: »
    Im from PR...usa territory. I saw the same laptop for the same price in TigerDirect.

If you can get that laptop at tiger direct that would be fine. It meets the recommended requirements. That's what you want since you cant upgrade video card and processor in a laptop. Gaming laptops have come down in price since you bought yours 6 years ago. I too have an Asus Rog and it was pretty expensive