Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crash when moving families in or out in neighborhood view

In one of my brand new neighborhoods, the game crashes when I attempt to move sims out of the lot from the neighborhood, or when I combine households via the same tool. I just tested it in another neighborhood, where both tools work just fine, and I tested it on another empty lot in the problem neighborhood, where it still happens.

There have been no pregnancies in game, no deaths, and no other memory-shredding events (It's a brand new clean neighborhood I'm remaking families for,) and I have no new mods. (All my mods were used extensively on a non-UC setup on a previous computer and never caused a problem.)

Does anyone know how to fix this, or if the neighborhood is somehow corrupted? The only thing I haven't done yet, testing wise, is sold all items on the lot before moving out.

Inviting sims to move in, or moving them in via the teleporter shrub, still works.

Thanks!
Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]

Comments

• Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I don't think I have ever had this happen. Have you tried deleting the neighborhood out of the neighborhood folder, and copy and pasting a new one in there from your C drive files, to see if that would work? Might work considering this is the only neighborhood you have issues with. Something wonkey could have happened.
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    I got on chat with a friend last night and she said "wait, how many Ottomases are there?"

... and I remembered that there are nine, and that the larger families hack doesn't affect the move in and out limit. :D

This would explain why I don't have the problem anywhere else.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Hmm... were you able to resolve this issue? Also, aren't the Ottomas a corrupted family anyway?
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Hmm... were you able to resolve this issue? Also, aren't the Ottomas a corrupted family anyway?

They're only corrupted if you let Samantha Ottomas give birth in an unpatched game. The UC comes fully patched, so they should be fine in Scribal_Goddess' game.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »

They're only corrupted if you let Samantha Ottomas give birth in an unpatched game. The UC comes fully patched, so they should be fine in Scribal_Goddess' game.

Thanks for that information. That's good to hear! I have never played them because I was concerned about corruption.
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    edited March 2017
    Seera1024 wrote: »

Thanks for that information. That's good to hear! I have never played them because I was concerned about corruption.

Yes, I resolved it. There was a conflict with the larger families hack. (I had 9 Ottomi plus a dog.) I ended up splitting them in half to move them to their proper house and then adding them back to the new lot with the teleporter.