Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Downloaded sim from the exchange is gliched

I downloaded Galadriel - Lady Of Lorien by SimAmelia1295 a few weeks a go and everything was working fine. But after reinstalling origin my sim lost all its CC . I'm trying to re download this very sim hoping ton fix the problem. But now I am getting this message there was an error while downloading content. Please see the log for more details. How do I fix this

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited February 2017
    Downloading sims from the exchange can be dangerous. Some CC is bad and can cause game issues. Some CC is not transferable. I have no idea if origin updates can now purge bad CC and can now detect a bad file.

Also the sims web purges files every few weeks. Its possible they purged that sim

@igazor are you playing the game with origin yet or are you still on patch 1.67?
  • Options
    BloomofSparksBloomofSparks Posts: 486 Member
    but the download worked the first time
  • Options
    EA does updates all the time on the sims 3 web and origin updates also causes issues . I have a version of the game that does not require origin so I can't tell you if origin is the cause or they did something to the sims 3 web. I paged someone who might be able to help you further
  • Options
    thank you
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Yes, I've been on 1.69 and all its Origin goodness since last July now. But I can't see what that has to do with Exchange downloads or CC. On the download error, I'm afraid all I can offer is that the Exchange is quirky just like downloading from the store can sometimes be except that with the Exchange there is no guarantee that what players put there will ever work. It's not like anything on offer there is tested. I stay away from it unless I recognize and trust the item's creator.

@BloomofSparks - Can you now successfully download anything from the Exchange or is it just that one sim that is causing problems? Are you certain that your live TS3 game folder (the one being used by the game, in Documents) is where you think it is? Try opening a game and doing a Save As with a goofy name. Does the funny named save end up in the Saves folder alongside the others in Saves where you expect it to be?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Ok first my apologies I have not bin feeling well this past week. First question yes I can download other things from the exchange, but I've had this problem with other downloads to in fact there are two from the same category (Galadriel). Both with the same error message. Two if I'm understanding you right you want me to play the Sims and save a game under a goofy name to see if my doc is working. Yes
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Ok first my apologies I have not bin feeling well this past week. First question yes I can download other things from the exchange, but I've had this problem with other downloads to in fact there are two from the same category (Galadriel). Both with the same error message. Two if I'm understanding you right you want me to play the Sims and save a game under a goofy name to see if my doc is working. Yes
    Sorry, certainly hope you are feeling better.

Yes, that's more or less what I meant. Some players end up with two TS3 game folders, one in Documents where it should be and one unintended someplace else. So they end up downloading content of any kind or Launcher installing it to one folder then not finding it in their game because the it's the second folder that is loading. But if you can successfully download and install other things and find them in your game, then that can't be it.

I understand the download worked the first time, but there are no guarantees with the Exchange. You could just keep trying or maybe see if you can contact the creator if they are still active to see if their stuff is available from elsewhere, maybe. Sorry I couldn't be more help than that.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    We have Liftoff by Switching to internet explorer and making it my default browser seems to have worked thank you both for all your help. I hope you both enjoy the rest of the day.
  • Options
    Ok new problem I got one of them in my download section of my downloader but it says its failing because my game and software is not up to date witch makes no sense
  • Options
    Your welcome and I'm not on the 1.69 patch. Not sure if the patch is your issue? @igazor any clue on this? Thanks
  • Options
    I actually tried to up date my game but it says its up to date.