Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is anyone playing a pseudo Daycare role with NPC toddlers?

Just wondering if anyone has bothered with Daycare or not?

I found it reasonably fun and at least it works to an extent and is dynamic for your needs.

As there are a ton of Daycare lots in the gallery, is anyone actually playing out a pseudo Daycare career with NPC toddlers?

Comments

• Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Do NPC toddlers ever show up anywhere? As far as I've seen, they are never on any community lots.

Or do you mean invite them to your house?
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    edited January 2017
    Yeh
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Do NPC toddlers ever show up anywhere? As far as I've seen, they are never on any community lots.

Or do you mean invite them to your house?
    Yeh, you can either run Daycare from your own lot or from a separate, specially-built, Daycare centre.

I just wondered how many people are actually doing it.

• Options
    Please explain more. I built several community lots for children and toddlers, but none beside my own playable family ever shows up with a toddler. I even filled my world with toddlers in every family.
  • Options
    You have to add NPC toddlers into the world first - you can't do it without adding them in.

Then you can either call them to Daycare at your home lot or at a Daycare lot.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Any children/toddlers that your Sim(s) know can be called to Daycare - 24 hours a day.

EDIT:
    Well, it is not technically Daycare - it is whatever you want it to be.
  • Options
    I guess my sims have to meet those families first. I never get toddlers to invite as an option.
  • Options
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    I guess my sims have to meet those families first. I never get toddlers to invite as an option.
    Yeh, you have to know the toddlers - then you can either summon them to Daycare or Travel With to Daycare - but you can do this 24 hours a day.

I wrote about it here:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/910140/24-hour-day-night-care-for-toddlers-is-working-you-just-dont-get-paid#latest
  • Options
    I just wondered, considering all of the Daycare lots in the Gallery, that people were atually playing Daycare?

Or are people just creating Daycare lots for the sake of doing so?
  • Options
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    I just wondered, considering all of the Daycare lots in the Gallery, that people were atually playing Daycare?

Or are people just creating Daycare lots for the sake of doing so?

Probably just for the sake of doing so. You'd be surprised how many builders don't actually play the game with sims. Just build.

Anyhow...I'm glad to know you can at least summon tots. I guess I have to start visiting other families now.
  • Options
    It might just be me running Daycare then.

I shall soldier on.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Sounds like a fun idea. I have so much other stuff to get to trying, but it's on my mental list of things to do at some point in this game.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    nah that's too scary for me lol
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I do have a home daycare for children using the club feature. But I was disappointed when I couldn't add toddlers to the club, so I will try your method to get them there.
  • Options
    Pirate_QueenPirate_Queen Posts: 83 Member
    edited January 2017
    I had an after-school daycare for children already built which was run by one woman as 'teacher' using the club system to add kids to it with activities such as do homework, read etc.

Unfortunately toddlers can't be included into a club, so instead i've placed the same building in another world and converted it for toddlers and designated it as residential rather than a park like the after-school one . This one is run by two sisters with 6 toddlers, with the the sisters as caregivers.

So far it's working almost as I want it. The sisters invite my other families with toddlers go there and visit with their toddler/s in tow, mum and/or dad get to chat with other parents and the toddlers get to interact with each other with the added benefit of all toddler equipment and skill boosting available and the two sisters seemingly more than happy to run around playing, talking and helping all the toddlers. Saints the pair of them.

Hopefully in the future we'll be able to add them to clubs and then be able to run it it as a non-residential lot which would be my preferred way of doing it.