Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ Fortune Telling Table

I would like a ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ Fortune Telling table that actually does a few different types of ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ Fortune telling as opposed to just crystal ball reading. Examples:

Fortune Telling Types

1. Of course the obligatory Crystal Ball
2. Tea Leaf Reading - A Sim drinks the tea then gives the cup to the ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ who then reads the leaves
3. Tarot Card Reading
4. Palmistry - Reading another Sims palm, but ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ could also do it on their own
5. Star Charts - So there would be a return of the Zodiac, that was so popular and often requested

Why Would I Like This

1. Personally I would like to see ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ be a part of a career track kind of like last time as a part of the Paranormal track
2. I would also like to see it as a part of an overall ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ Caravan or Tea Room and the ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ Owner get paid for her or his services
3. It would come in a few different colors and might look good also in a witches house
4. Perhaps hiring a ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ for Halloween parties as an NPC
5. Associated decor
6. If there is a ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ then there might be matchmaking, Love Potions, and ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ Curses (Werewolves anyone, very Lon Chaney) Ooh and attempting to break ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ Curses even more fun!
โ€œAll mushrooms are edible, but some only once.โ€ Terry Pratchett

Comments

• Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    edited January 2017
    Making a (generally stigmatised, often victimised) race such as gypsies a career doesn't really strike me as something that EA/Maxis should do.
  • Options
    sweetbluekiana1sweetbluekiana1 Posts: 167 Member
    @safersaviour Well that's just your opinion. I think that's a great idea @redrogue60 . I hope they take that into consideration.
  • Options
    @safersaviour Well that's just your opinion. I think that's a great idea @redrogue60 . I hope they take that into consideration.

Yep, it's my opinion that a race that was used as the 'tester' for the Holocaust shouldn't be used as a rentable party novelty.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    you mean Romi? and Romis been in the last 2 games (Sims 2 as a match maker) and you could be a fortune teller yourself in Sims 3 Supernatural. So i don't see why it can't be allowed.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited January 2017
    The Romi's are what I based my suggestion on. I always enjoyed them. I also wanted to see the same basic object we have gotten in like just about all of the series have a few more options for game play.

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=&scategoryId=13355&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:46429&pcategoryId=&ppcategoryId=14442

Also I wanted the caravan which was a rabbit hole last pack to be a more dynamic experience where it was set in a Tea shop which in my mind would be a cross between the magic shop from Supernatural and the caravan from the same pack.

As for the decor I wanted to see the the same type of buy/build objects in Drifter's Desire from the Sims 3 store.

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=&scategoryId=13775&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:56789&pcategoryId=12861&ppcategoryId=13774

But you can sit safely in the knowledge that your sanctimoniousness has been noted. P.S. Thanks Madam Lee for backing me up
  • Options
    The Romi's are what I based my suggestion on. I always enjoyed them. I also wanted to see the same basic object we have gotten in like just about all of the series have a few more options for game play.

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=&scategoryId=13355&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:46429&pcategoryId=&ppcategoryId=14442

Also I wanted the caravan which was a rabbit hole last pack to be a more dynamic experience where it was set in a Tea shop which in my mind would be a cross between the magic shop from Supernatural and the caravan from the same pack.

As for the decor I wanted to see the the same type of buy/build objects in Drifter's Desire from the Sims 3 store.

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=&scategoryId=13775&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:56789&pcategoryId=12861&ppcategoryId=13774

But you can sit safely in the knowledge that your sanctimoniousness has been noted. P.S. Thanks Madam Lee for backing me up

you're welcome. Besides I want a longer purple skirt for my Esmerlda Sim in my Disney save-it doesn't look right with the current skirt (have no pics at the moment since I'm not at home)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Ooh that does sound nice
  • Options
    you mean Romi? and Romis been in the last 2 games (Sims 2 as a match maker) and you could be a fortune teller yourself in Sims 3 Supernatural. So i don't see why it can't be allowed.

Roma/Rroma/Romani/๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ, yes.

I will point out that not all forms of divination are ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ in origin. You could roll half the OP's ideas into a generic 'witch' and it'd work well enough. Turning a race into a career you can pick up and get promoted in? Into a Halloween novelty? Those things I object to. A generalised career in divination or the paranormal? That I don't mind.
  • Options

Roma/Rroma/Romani/๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ, yes.

I will point out that not all forms of divination are ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ in origin. You could roll half the OP's ideas into a generic 'witch' and it'd work well enough. Turning a race into a career you can pick up and get promoted in? Into a Halloween novelty? Those things I object to. A generalised career in divination or the paranormal? That I don't mind.

a witch doesn't use crystal balls, or tarrot cards..only forunte tellers do and the first fourtune tellers were Romi. So I weather keep divination seperate from witch.

[url=" http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/careers/supernatural/fortuneteller.php"] carls-sims-3-guide.com/careers/supernatural/fortuneteller.php[/url]
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    While I'm open to divination/fortune telling kind of stuff, using the g!psy "title" and turning a race into a halloween costume/gag character/gimmick really doesn't sit well with me either. It may have been done before, but that doesn't make it right.

Divination doesn't have to be Roma(ni) related (and from what I've seen is more often it isn't) and love potions is easily something that can be reserved for alchemy skill (which can tie in with witches, but could also used by any sim). Curses also seem more witchy to me, but could be part of a generic magic skill.

Divination is fine as a career and you can merge a lot of cool things with it, but there is no need to bring the Roma(ni) people into an overly abused stereotype. I understand liking certain aesthetics, but these are the stereotypes of actual groups of people that have been made into offensive Halloween costumes and stigmatized for years.

Also, the first "fortune tellers" were the ancient greeks and egyptians.
  • Options
    a witch doesn't use crystal balls, or tarrot cards..only forunte tellers do and the first fourtune tellers were Romi. So I weather keep divination seperate from witch.

No. The first fortune tellers existed long, long before Romani. Classical divination was a thing. You can trace the Roma back a good thousand years... but Ancient Greece, Rome, Egypt and China all had forms divination. Mayan spirituality was all but built around the concept. I'm sure other cultures had their own interpretations too.

Further, modern witches, pagans and others do utilise divination.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Okay, I see some feathers have been ruffled so I'll tread as carefully as possible here.

I agree that it's in bad taste to have a "๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ" career. But I would love the idea of a fortune telling table and caravan in a carnival style, without referencing gypsies, of course. There was a table in TS1and a caravan in TS3, so I see no harm in bringing those back.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    Okay, I see some feathers have been ruffled so I'll tread as carefully as possible here.

I agree that it's in bad taste to have a "๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ" career. But I would love the idea of a fortune telling table and caravan in a carnival style, without referencing gypsies, of course. There was a table in TS1and a caravan in TS3, so I see no harm in bringing those back.

the problem here is that basically everything with the sims 3 fortune teller career was definitely Romi based (carvan=Romis, and at least the women's work outfit)TS3_Supernatural_FortuneTeller.jpg

We can also compare it with the Sims 2 matchmaker as well
    9c6a50793f49410b746d766e6ad0119a.jpg

real Romis

5bd76g.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited April 2017

the problem here is that basically everything with the sims 3 fortune teller career was definitely Romi based (carvan=Romis, and at least the women's work outfit)

Right. Which is why I said in my earlier post to bring those things back without referencing gypsies and to make it carnival style instead. They can make this work without having to bring gypsies into the equation. They just have to do their research and come up with a little creativity to not fall back on the ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ caravan crutch:

Fortune_teller_IMG_4055_C.JPG

A_picturesque_fortune_teller_on_Lipscani_street.jpg

Lady_Mayoress_meeting_a_fortune-teller_%2829979935310%29.jpg
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    Callous_LilyCallous_Lily Posts: 198 Member
    edited April 2017
    My first thoughts on reading the OP's suggestion were not tied to a race. I immediately thought of Jackson Square in New Orleans and all the fortune tellers stalls for the tourists. Would seem to fit in esp with the New Orleans themed world Maxis set our Sims in.
    Post edited by Callous_Lily on
  • Options
    Callous_LilyCallous_Lily Posts: 198 Member
    For those wondering, I edited EA to Maxis in the comment above.