Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Not showing in Nvidia Inspector SOLVED

ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
edited January 2017 in PC - Technical Discussions
I use Nvidia Inspector to get rid of the lines on Sims faces (among a couple other lines in game). I just set this up 3 days ago and Nvidia Inspector listed Sims 4 as a program no problem.

I just did a fresh uninstall/reinstall of my Nvidia driver and ran Sims 4 and the lines are back. So I went into Nvidia to fix them again and now sims 4 isn't listed in the programs to fix this. Sims 2 and a couple ep's are, sims 3 and a couple eps. The sims medieval is. But no Sims 4.

Anyone know how to get Sims 4 to show up or the steps I need to take to add it.

ETA: Just went in my Nvidia Control Panel and Sims 4 isn't listed there either. I know the game is installed and works fine cause I just went and played it to see if the lines were still gone.
p8L4V6v.png

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited January 2017
    You need to do it manually by just going to browse and locate your TS4 game which is in the Origin Games Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4_x64.exe
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Normally when I update my drivers, for some reason Sims 4 switches to my CPU integrated ones. So I go to the nvidia control panel and click on ts4 in there first, problem solved. Don't know why it even happens in the first place, but in case you have my issue (I'm almost certain you do), this should fix it and it should appear in the inspector.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    You need to do it manually by just going to browse and locate your TS4 game which is in the Origin Games Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4_x64.exe

How do I add it on Inspector? I figured out Nvidia Control Panel, but I'm still lost on Inspector.
    Amiutza wrote: »
    Normally when I update my drivers, for some reason Sims 4 switches to my CPU integrated ones. So I go to the nvidia control panel and click on ts4 in there first, problem solved. Don't know why it even happens in the first place, but in case you have my issue (I'm almost certain you do), this should fix it and it should appear in the inspector.

I don't have integrated chip. This is a desktop. I really dislike updating drivers. I'm too scared to go see what it's done to my sims 3 game. :(
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Okay. I got it! I just closed out Inspector, reopened it and Clicked the home button and Sims 4 was listed under it (rather, the path to Sims 4 but I checked in game and it worked on the lines so problem Solved!)

Thank you both! :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @chesterbigbird Nvidia inspector help :D
  • Options
    Thank you @phoebebebe13 But I got it figured out! @chesterbigbird we're good. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Glad you figured it out :)
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    Thank you @phoebebebe13 But I got it figured out! @chesterbigbird we're good. :)

Great! Glad the lines have gone. ;)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide