Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We've had Outlander filming in Edinburgh today

SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
They were filming around Arthurs Seat and lots of the backstreets around the Royal Mile were closed off when I walked my dog around this morning.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/445893/sam-heughans-outlander-to-film-in-edinburgh-as-excited-fans-flock-to-catch-glimpse-of-scots-hunk-and-caitriona-balfe/

There were a lot of annoyed motorists though who couldn't park in Holyrood Palace carpark as they had set up their HQ there.

Comments

• Options
    SamanthaMonacoParksSamanthaMonacoParks Posts: 14 New Member
    Did you have trouble getting in and out of your neighborhood? You never really get to hear about the people who get affected by the productions of any movie or show and I have always wondered if it was just okay, rally bad or super fun.
    Do you like the book or show?
    I don't really like that book and I have never really watched the show. The fact that the writer is so adamant that her book should be viewed as non fiction and not a fiction romance just really gets my llama. Yes she may of put historical facts in it but she wrapped it in a love story that has time travel in it. So I could never really get in to the story. :D
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I read the books and liked them. Then I watched the DVD's and like them best.
  • Options
    rachelt405rachelt405 Posts: 1,533 Member
    What was the weather like for them :) and I'm guessing its been the talk of the city :)
    Be kind to animals please help stop all cruelty to them

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    @SamanthaMonacoParks @mebagl15 @rachelt405 Hi there! Yes, there was a bit of disruption because nobody could use the Holyrood carpark and some of the "Closes" (small linking roads) to the Royal Mile were closed off so that the old walls could be a backdrop.

They came twice for a week each time, the second one being for a "Governors Ball" in the 3rd series. I saw some people in 18th Century costumes helping themselves to the food off an outside table set up by a food catering service. They were probably the "Extras" though as there was a big sign to that effect by the roadside. I expect the principle actors stayed in their trailers in the carpark itself and got fed in a double decker bus there. I didn't see any filming, being with my dog at the time and keeping out of the way!

I've not read the books either, or seen the series but might take a look when it is shown to see if I can recognise anywhere local.

It did get a mention in the local paper but we are very used to filming here. A road near me was used for its windows, also a small market in "Jude" and "Trainspotting" and Rebus get filmed also.

The weather was better than normal for the time of the year with no snow or much rain but I expect the filmakers wouldn't object to muddy weather as it would make it more authentic for the 18th Century!

You don't know what disruption means until you live in Edinburgh! Festival, Tattoo, Films, New builds cabling, marathons, etc., etc. :)

Always interesting though.