Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MORE TOTSIE IDEAS! (THANK YOU!!!!!!)

CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
edited January 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
OKAY EVERYBODY SO WE GOT TODDLERS NOW AND I JUST FINISHED TAKING A MILLION SCREENSHOTS

But even though this was the greatest patch (and the best surprise) in sims history, I can't get enough of the cuteness of TS4 toddlers and have created this thread for idea brainstorming as we patiently wait for more toddler items and activities!

I'll start:

CAS - I love genetics
I know we'll be getting more hairstyles and clothes but I just wanted to put this here to say how much I'm in love with the toddler hairstyles that came with the patch and how I adore the toddler clothing! It's like what I wore when I was a tot and that's more than I could have ever dreamed of! I can't wait to see the cc everyone dolls up their toddlers with but also (being a fan of ts4 style) what content we see for toddlers in the future!

Gameplay - so many cute things
This is where I'm going to need a bit of help from you building types, but I have a few suggestions of my own.
  • changing table (perhaps?)
  • baby gates (mostly as decoration but also story-telling purposes - maybe like a "time-out" or even just for safety)
  • a time-out chair?
  • kiddie pool
  • can toddlers use the drawing table? if they can't then they should have their own (I haven't actually done a lot of playing with toddlers just squeeing)
  • toddler-exclusive playset (indoors or outdoors)
  • train table (I had a train table when I was little and it was the best) multiple toddlers could use it at one time
  • maybe a wall item (like we got with spray paint in CL) that we could place on walls/floors and toddlers could scribble there?

Edit: did i mention how irrationally excited I am for chicken nuggets?
Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
7ZDKKOkt.png
My Plum Family Tree

Comments

• Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    edited January 2017
    You have some great and fun ideas... especially the train table. I will add some of my ideas/wants as well here.

1. Strollers -- So our sims can take long walks w/their toddlers and see the surroundings both in city and suburbia.

2. Multiple Use Activity Table (for training like the OP stated) -- At least 4 toddlers can use this at once and interact w/each other too.

3. Sandboxes -- Large & Small Sizes. These can be placed at parks and the small sandbox can be placed in a sim's inventory to take camping.

4. Musical Toys -- Like the Xylophone in Sims 3 or a mini-keyboard w/toddler chair.

5. Swing Sets -- Can be used by kids too. Toddler swing would have supportive toddler seats for safety.

6. Colorful Balls -- For playing "Catch" and improving toddler's overall coordination/motor skills.

7. Ability For Toddler to sit on an Adult's shoulders. Great for parents & grandparents to be able to walk and talk w/the toddler and provides fun for both sims.

I'll come back and add more as I think of additional ideas. :)

Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    I feel like since there is already a kids stuff pack and they gave the fans a free update with toddlers that it's probably not likely we'll be seeing any more toddler stuff for this generation since they'll be wanting to finish up the game with the other things they want to put in the game before moving onto the next generation. I mean, yeah, they could go for even ten years total with making updates or some other ridiculous amount of time, but eventually they've just have to say enough is enough and move onto the next generation. Especially if they want to keep the game engine and such up to date with technology. So they'll likely want to work on adding new things to the game rather than rehashing ideas they've already used for this generation.
  • Options
    SnowWolf58 wrote: »
    You have some great and fun ideas... especially the train table. I will add some of my ideas/wants as well here.

1. Strollers -- So our sims can take long walks w/their toddlers and see the surroundings both in city and suburbia.

2. Multiple Use Activity Table (for training like the OP stated) -- At least 4 toddlers can use this at once and interact w/each other too.

3. Sandboxes -- Large & Small Sizes. These can be placed at parks and the small sandbox can be placed in a sim's inventory to take camping.

4. Musical Toys -- Like the Xylophone in Sims 3 or a mini-keyboard w/toddler chair.

5. Swing Sets -- Can be used by kids too. Toddler swing would have supportive toddler seats for safety.

6. Colorful Balls -- For playing "Catch" and improving toddler's overall coordination/motor skills.

7. Ability For Toddler to sit on an Adult's shoulders. Great for parents & grandparents to be able to walk and talk w/the toddler and provides fun for both sims.

I'll come back and add more as I think of additional ideas. :)

Love your ideas! I hope to see them in the game someday!
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    I feel like since there is already a kids stuff pack and they gave the fans a free update with toddlers that it's probably not likely we'll be seeing any more toddler stuff for this generation since they'll be wanting to finish up the game with the other things they want to put in the game before moving onto the next generation. I mean, yeah, they could go for even ten years total with making updates or some other ridiculous amount of time, but eventually they've just have to say enough is enough and move onto the next generation. Especially if they want to keep the game engine and such up to date with technology. So they'll likely want to work on adding new things to the game rather than rehashing ideas they've already used for this generation.

I see what you mean, but I think a lot of players would still be interested in a generations type expansion pack and additional kids stuff packs. We wouldn't be getting it anytime soon perhaps, but I can still see it happening in the future.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    Actually you can still put your toddler ideas in the stickied thread "IDEAS AT A GLANCE FOR TODDLERS" in this section. SimGuruDrake has it open for more ideas. I recommend reading the "summary" on page one first.
  • Options
    Actually you can still put your toddler ideas in the stickied thread "IDEAS AT A GLANCE FOR TODDLERS" in this section. SimGuruDrake has it open for more ideas. I recommend reading the "summary" on page one first.

I didn't know that, thanks!
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
  • Options
    CookiioCookiio Posts: 31 Member
    I think one of the things that did bug me after getting toddlers back was the fact that they cant swim xD I figured it could be something taught by an adult but that would force EA to add different depths to the pools. If we get kiddie pools it would make them just that much more interactive :3

[I studied early childhood education pardon my hype over this idea]

School days EP
    Could be an opportunity to expand the job horizon in game as well as make teens/kids and toddlers more interactive.
    Possible jobs:
    Teacher/Preschool/Junior High/High-school(leads up to principle)
    Librarian
    Gym teacher[Middle/High-school]

Preschool: A very interesting time in ones life. Full of naps snacks and playground spats. as your sims head off to work join your toddler in an all new environment full of their peers gain skills like feeding ones self,learning ABCs,123`s and motor skills with your teacher. we could get new book cases,playground equipment (SWINGS,SLIDES AND SEE-SAWS OH MY!) maybe new ground textures (schoolyard wood chips?,shredded tier bits?) nappy time cots? and toddler tables that allow for groups of 4-6 toddlers to eat together.
    possible special interactions;
    -Story time: The teaching sims will call all the toddlers to the story area (Rocking chair?) as she reads you can have the option to be the perfect little devil and cause trouble or listen and help read along.
    -Snack break: Toddlers will gather and pick a seat as the teacher and assistant hand out lunch. you could start a food fight? share your lunch? have a bite of a friends lunch?
    -Recess: Make friends..or enemies build up motor skills and cognitive skills when you interact with new equipment (baby dolls,hula-hoops,chalk, toddler jungle gym)

To Be Continued -in another post :smiley:
  • Options
    CookiioCookiio Posts: 31 Member
    Cookiio wrote: »
    I think one of the things that did bug me after getting toddlers back was the fact that they cant swim xD I figured it could be something taught by an adult but that would force EA to add different depths to the pools. If we get kiddie pools it would make them just that much more interactive :3

School days EP
    Could be an opportunity to expand the job horizon in game as well as make teens/kids and toddlers more interactive.
    Possible jobs:
    Librarian

Preschool: A very interesting time in ones life. Full of naps snacks and playground spats. as your sims head off to work join your toddler in an all new environment full of their peers gain skills like feeding ones self,learning ABCs,123`s and motor skills with your teacher. we could get new book cases,playground equipment (SWINGS,SLIDES AND SEE-SAWS OH MY!) maybe new ground textures (schoolyard wood chips?,shredded tier bits?) nappy time cots? and toddler tables that allow for groups of 4-6 toddlers to eat together.
    -Story time: The teaching sims will call all the toddlers to the story area (Rocking chair?) as she reads you can have the option to be the perfect little devil and cause trouble or listen and help read along.
    -Snack break: Toddlers will gather and pick a seat as the teacher and assistant hand out lunch. you could start a food fight? share your lunch? have a bite of a friends lunch?
    -Recess: Make friends..or enemies build up motor skills and cognitive skills when you interact with new equipment (baby dolls,hula-hoops,chalk, toddler jungle gym)

*Not to forget -NAP TIME: be fussy?cuddle with toys?ask to be read too?

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

I think you need to go watch the video: Jamie Oliver Shows School Kids How Chicken Nuggets are made.
    Because it is very irrational to be excited for... well... pureed chicken carcass, dipped in batter/crumbs, and fried. :p

As for stuff for toddlers, I wish the kids art table could be used by toddlers, and I wish toddlers could ruin games of don't wake the llama. Could you imagine them climbing up onto a chair, and pulling out the bottom parts of the game, causing it to crash all over the table?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    TayTayGeeTayTayGee Posts: 313 Member

School days EP
    Possible jobs:
    Librarian

Omg yassss! Middle school would be perfect for pre-teens.
  • Options

School days EP
    Possible jobs:
    Librarian

I love these ideas! We absolutely need more playground equipment and I'm really hoping for a kiddie pool in the future! Now that we have toddlers I'm so excited for more family play! Cant wait till we get bunk beds, swings, slides, maybe an item for sims to play catch with each other by throwing a baseball back and forth....there's so many possibilities!

I would love a School EP! Sim days go by so fast I'd just hope there would be time for everything. I don't use the GTW careers all that much, because I always have a family and I don't want to spend the whole day at work with one sim and not have the others accomplish anything.

Movotti wrote: »

I think you need to go watch the video: Jamie Oliver Shows School Kids How Chicken Nuggets are made.
    Because it is very irrational to be excited for... well... pureed chicken carcass, dipped in batter/crumbs, and fried. :p

As for stuff for toddlers, I wish the kids art table could be used by toddlers, and I wish toddlers could ruin games of don't wake the llama. Could you imagine them climbing up onto a chair, and pulling out the bottom parts of the game, causing it to crash all over the table?

If I was more health conscious I might be interested in watching that, but it is Jamie Oliver...hm.

I would love more mischievous actions for toddlers! Ruining Don't Wake the Llama would be a really good one!
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree