Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hospitality

I think it's safe to assume at some point we will get a vacation-like expansion. I think it would be great if we could add a hospitality element to this. We can already do retail stores and restaurants so why not a hotel?

Imagine having an elderly couple with a bed and breakfast or a mogul with a resort. You would have to manage your employees and amenities, if it was a big operation. Set your rates, create packages, plan the menu, manage staff. Each location would poise it's own challenges, like weather or employee turnover. Handle guest complaints, expand your resort, franchise, or keep it a mom and pop business.

I'm interested in what you all think. It's an idea we haven't got to explore before.

Comments

• Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    To be honest, I never really played the "run a resort" aspect of Island Paradise, as it didn't really appeal to me.

But I gotta say, having the chance to have my Sims open up a B&B maybe out in Windenburg somewhere does sound pretty awesome.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    Zany102Zany102 Posts: 72 Member
    Oh I don't have Island Paradise so I didn't even know it was currently an option. I think a B&B would be really nice for some elders that have kind of lost their meaning of play in my game.
  • Options
    AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    I would love to be able to have hotels for vacationing. The camping is great but id love to have more hotel like things going on and I think they could do a lot more with it in the Sims four than they did with island paradise. I like the retail and restaurant style of doing things for a way to implement hotels. Having a nice pool area guest rooms vending machines and an all you can eat buffet area would be a great way to get started with the whole hotel idea.