Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So Basically...

I'm having a lot of issues with my game since the release of the patch before the new EP (I don't know whether the EP or the patch could be responsible for my problems).

When I loaded up my save I found that all my lots in NewCrest were deleted (good thing I saved them to my library!-NOPE, deleted from there too :( )
But lucky, lucky me, (really this time) I found a really old save that was not corrupted, at least I assume so, and I was able to save my Newcrest lots to my library and replace them in my most recent save.

I loaded up my save again today and clicked on a lot, neither sim was home so I picked the one I wanted to play and auto-traveled to the lot. Planet Honey Pop was missing. It was there on the map, but the lot was empty (along with a giant hole in the lot which is especially peculiar because there is no on-lot landscaping in ts4). I went into build mode and tried placing walls down but after a short period of confusing experimentation the game crashed.

I reloaded the game, played as the same sim (taking me to the same lot) and re-observed the exact same corruption. I travelled back to my sim's house (in Newcrest) and it loaded up just fine.

I traveled to Myshuno Meadows and although appearing on the map, the lot did not load either. This time there was raised landscaping where the buildings were supposed to be. I tried to get my sim to walk on the lot but they could not.

I have been advised to save my lots to my library and replace them all in a new save game (this would ruin all inter-household relationships, but keep the skills and career levels). My other save games appear to be functioning normally-leading me to believe that this would solve the issue.

It has also been suggested that I check the amount of remaining space on my hard drive, which I am unable to find. If it is low than I am told it could be responsible for causing these issues.
Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
7ZDKKOkt.png
My Plum Family Tree

Comments

• Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    It's very easy to find. Go to the Black Apple Logo in the upper left hand corner. Right click on it and then click on "About this Mac". You should then see a window pop up that will show your current version of your OS you are running and what kind of Mac you own. Look above that and you should see a tab labeled "Storage". Click on that and it will show your Hard Drive and how much free space you have on it. If it is low (in other words you have very little free space), you may want to consider moving things to a thumb drive or cleaning up unwanted items.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    edited December 2016
    Thank you, this is exactly the kind of baby steps I need to be able to figure things out :D

To my surprise, I have a lot of free storage. I suppose this complicates the issue, but it makes more sense because only one of my save games is having issues not all of them.
    Post edited by CharKittyBoo on
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree