Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you plan your LPs?

Hey guys!

So I do multiple let's plays on my channel http :// www. youtube. com /c/ ThomasTV1 (can't post links yet haha) - I was wondering if you also do LPs, do you plan them and how do you do it?

My LPs are full of drama so I often plan out what I want to happen. But, I normally just bullet point everything in a document. Do you have a better method?

Comments

• Options
    ThomasSidney1ThomasSidney1 Posts: 55 Member
    For some reason an emoji formed in that link? Haha!
  • Options
    JayGsmith08JayGsmith08 Posts: 102 Member
    I hate no one answered you, I would love to hear their answers.
  • Options
    xoFireflyxoFirefly Posts: 40 Member
    Hi! I run FireflySims on YT... not super popular but I'll give my two cents :) I don't really plan them, per say. I mean... when the Sims release something new for the Sims 4 like City Living, Dine Out, Get Together, etc. I run an LP off of them so I can check out the new features. Sometimes if there is a huge lull between new content, I will look at different challenges that are available and plan them out. However, I don't plot out the whole story-line.. I just go with the flow :)
  • Options
    SimprovedSimproved Posts: 12 New Member
    I am more of a builder and am not so experience in gameplay. Therefore I always try to just limit each episode to one day. So I have a nice workflow that makes sense from video to video. My sims never have jobs since I find them boring and they keep me from doing stuff I actually wanna do with my sims. Both my LPs (alienation and island challenge) have a clear goal. So I know when it ends, also what I have to do and what has to happen to come closer to that goal. So I try to at least let my sim to at least one interaction/action to come loser to that goal.
  • Options
    elmo_gurl112elmo_gurl112 Posts: 783 Member
    honestly I dont plan anything when I film but currently I am recording a challenge so that kinda gives you some guidlines of what you will and will not film in your LP, but i am very new to recording feel free to checkout my youtube.
    74380e5da1dd5187bb2bc2f69eff1060.jpg
    MY ORIGIN ID: Midnight292
  • Options
    SingingSimmerSingingSimmer Posts: 43 Member
    Well, I'm about to get my youtube channel going. But I was planning on going with the flow mostly, and doing challenges, since I love watching those.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    xoFirefly wrote: »
    Hi! I run FireflySims on YT... not super popular but I'll give my two cents :) I don't really plan them, per say. I mean... when the Sims release something new for the Sims 4 like City Living, Dine Out, Get Together, etc. I run an LP off of them so I can check out the new features. Sometimes if there is a huge lull between new content, I will look at different challenges that are available and plan them out. However, I don't plot out the whole story-line.. I just go with the flow :)

This what I do as well :)
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    heybearheybear Posts: 15 New Member
    Wish there was more here! I just do builds on my channel for now but I'd like to do Let's Plays - any tips would be highly helpful!
  • Options
    NewbieSimmerNewbieSimmer Posts: 32 Member
    I do some Let's Plays, with and without the commentary, on my channel. And the way I do it is to make the video, edit/process it, and then upload it as is. Then I edit the same video file, and add my rants and tangents into a microphone as I watch it. Then I add my audio file to the video, and then upload it a second time. I'm not much of a charismatic talker, but I figured I would offer something that other Let's Player's do not. I can't tell you all how many times I've watched any gameplay video, only for it to be ruined by someone's blabbering in the background.

As far as planning goes, I usually don't plan major objectives unless I am playing the storyline-based console Sims games with goals to complete (ex. Bustin' Out). This is just my two cents. I can't post any links yet, but my channel is SariaFan93.
    Tired, hungry, or bored? Wave at the sky and yell "Foogitsnat!"
    Pic%2B15.PNG

YouTube channel: youtube.com/user/SariaFan93/about
  • Options
    BabyDollOriginBabyDollOrigin Posts: 71 Member
    Im not the best youtuber (Been doing it since the end of oct. i only have 13 subs which are family so) but i usually plan a storyline beforehand then go with flow.