Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lot Issue? - Help!

Today I built a very nice lot, but when going into Edit Town mode(F1) it loads forever and I cannot save it. I lost the lot once this morning and now I seem to lose it the second time. :( I would really want to save it, but now it's stuck in a loop and even if I'm going to wait until next week for it to load, I still wouldn't solve a thing.

Maybe is there anyone who knows a way to save a lot while in build mode?
NK4koaX.png

Comments

• Options
    earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited October 2016
    So far, so good, i erased the lot, placed a new one, rebuilt on it, went into edit town, added the thing to the library, then went back and built some more, now I tried again to go into Edit Town and it's doing the same thing and I still do not get what's going wrong.

I will try the in-game approach next... maybe it works that way.
    NK4koaX.png
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Good Luck with the in-game approach. :)
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    It's just that particular lot, right? And no others that are giving you the problem?

If so, is it a Festival/Seasonal Lot? I had this exact same problem when I built a festival lot and placed a fire pit there. I'm not sure but I think that there are certain objects on seasonal lots that will cause this issue.

If it's not a festival lot, I'm guessing there's something else about it that's causing the freezing. This is just me brainstorming off the top of my head, but did you use move_objects or use any other hacks to build the lot?
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    The in-game thing worked so far, I plopped the lot into town from the library, saved, but when I go to edit something and try going back into Edit Town mode, the loading bug comes back. o.o

Not sure if I feel like building anything in EIG from now on in this town.

@ts1depot No, it's a Sports Bar lot. I use moveobjects on all the time and had no issues until now. Here, I only used it to place some lights at the bottom of the pool and this is pretty much it. No other hacks.
    Maybe there are some in-game objects that I used that are causing it... hmmm...(I'm not using CC)
    NK4koaX.png
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    edited October 2016
    @earthgirl I am having issues with my game and the gallery and all since the update yesterday. I haven't had freezing problems b4 only since I updated last night. So maybe it has something to do with that update. Did you have trouble b4 your update? Was it after the update?
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    @StilleWater There was a TS3 update yesterday? Didn't know...

All I've noticed is that my game acted up like this for the first time today.
    NK4koaX.png
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    Oh sorry I thought this was TS4
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @earthgirl: Hmmm, the mystery now deepens.

I wish I knew what the issue was. Something tells me that there's an object behind this because like I said in a previous response, a fire pit on one of my lots caused a similar problem.

Before I proceed, I just want to be perfectly sure that it's this one lot that you're having problem with. Because obviously, if all the other ones are doing the same thing, there's something larger afoot. So going on the basis that it's only this one lot that is being a PITA, this is what I would do if I were in your shoes.
    1. Start again with this lot. Bulldoze it (or replace it) if you haven't already, go back into Build Mode, place a few trees (or an object or two) and go back into Edit Town. Save the lot to library with the few items you've placed.
    2. Bulldoze the lot again.
    3. Add the lot you just saved to library back to the town.
    4. Go back inside the lot. Add a small handful of things (don't do too much editing, just a few objects!).
    5. Go back into Edit Town.

If Edit Town doesn't load, then there's definitely some kind of weird issue affecting saved lots in EIG.

However, if Edit Game loads fine at this point, then we can assume that there isn't a problem with saving and placing lots from library, that there's probably an object behind all this. So now it's time to figure out what the object is. Here's how I would troubleshoot:
    1. Slowly rebuild your lot again by adding a few objects each time, but doing what you did in steps 2-5 above (place a few more objects to lot, save to library, bulldoze lot, add back to world, etc.)
    2. Every time you repeat this process and are able to enter Edit Town, you know the objects you've placed so far are in the clear.
    3. If you manage to get to a point where you've rebuilt a substantial part of this lot, save it as backup *just in case.*
    4. If you finally run into the loading bug, then you will know that something that you added or did the last time before Edit Town successfully loaded is causing the issue.

I know this seems like a tedious exercise, but if it turns out that an object was causing an issue for whatever reason, you'll be able to fix the issue. We might also discover an obscure bug or issue we never knew about before with EIG.
    Post edited by ts1depot on
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    @ts1depot Thanks a lot for the tips and I'll try that next time I build something. :) However, I'm done with that lot and I suspect that the spiral staircase(the most expensive one of the 3) that I used on the lot is causing the bug. It is the only object that I used for the first time while in EIG, it lagged for a bit when I dragged it out and this is when the problem started.

I will go check it next time.
    NK4koaX.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Ok. I think I might have found the issue that's causing it:

It's NOT the staircase.

it's the transparent floor tiles that come with ITF(carpet section).

kBqGFOF.jpgffrbJ9f.jpg
    (I believe the large one causes the issue also)

You would do well not to use them in EIG!

NK4koaX.png
  • Options
    Oh, yes. I always forget about them because I don't use them; I've read they cause EIG to have problems.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @earthgirl, Woot! So glad you found the problem!

And now, thanks to this issue, everyone working with CAW now knows to avoid these objects in EIG like the plague or if they come across the loading bug, will know what to look for if they have ITF. :D
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @ts1depot wrote: »
    earthgirl, Woot! So glad you found the problem!

And now, thanks to this issue, everyone working with CAW now knows to avoid this object in EIG like the plague or if they come across the loading bug, will know what to look for if they have ITF. :D

It's Been a known issue and still people forget because if they knew they'd not use it so forget about it in CAW/EIG. Things aren't as easy as that. :lol:

*Although it's always good to remember.
  • Options
    @Rflong7 I didn't know about this issue myself, because I haven't seen it mentioned around so maybe people forget about it, because it's not so well-known.
    Either way, are there any other objects that I should be wary of while working in CAW/EIG?
    NK4koaX.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    It* was mentioned around many times and it's why I forget about it because I don't use the roof... which is why I don't use it even if I forget why I don't. If only we could remember all we learned, I would have been of help earlier. XD

I remember having a problem with picked flowers in a house. It was tested and some picked flowers were left behind- they're pretty- but it glitched the price.

I remember that painting by Sims will not transfer with the lot. *Nor will will CAP patterns transfer with the item they were used on- even if the CAP pattern is stuck to the package file.

All I know is I've forgotten more than I know now. Shame really.
    Post edited by Rflong7 on