Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Images for Gallery Uploads on Mac

Hi all. Apologies if there's already a thread for this, but I couldn't seem to find one. I was wondering if there was a way for us to use our own photos when uploading lots to the Gallery. Now, I thought I found a solution with the Sims 4 Tray Importer, so I tried downloading the beta version for Mac. But every time I tried installing, it would just crash and come up with one of those report errors. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Or would there me any alternative methods we could use as Mac users?

Comments

• Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    The tray importer is the only option. Have you contacted the creator to see if it is compatible with whatever version of macOS you are running?
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    AzureMoiraAzureMoira Posts: 11 New Member

sigh...maybe it wasn't meant to be. i was able to find a test version for Sierra through their support page that was just put up this past saturday (didn't realize the download i had before was for El Capitan only). but i still can't seem to get it to install. I downloaded Mono, as instructed, tried ctrl+open, double clicking, restarting my computer, etc. and it still didn't seem to work. just got the window saying it's a download from a website asking if i want to continue. and after that, just nothing when i tried to run the installer. then again, it is just a test version at this point. don't know if that's got anything to do with it.

but thank you anyway, bluebell! i appreciate it. wouldn't have realized i was looking at the El Capitan version if you hadn't mentioned it.

if anyone knows if i'm doing something wrong, please let me know. i am not the most tech savy person, so...hehe...layman's terms is best.

but for anyone that is interested in trying it for themselves, you can find the test version for Sierra by clicking "get support" on the Sims 4 Tray Importer for Mac page on L'universims. The link to the test version is towards the bottom of the "get support" thread. If anyone has luck, please let me know!
  • Options
    Have you checked your Gatekeeper settings in System Preferences? You may need to allow your Mac to install software from any developer, not just App Store or signed ones (System Preferences > Security & Privacy).
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    AzureMoiraAzureMoira Posts: 11 New Member
    with os sierra, i've read that they've changed gatekeeper to allow only 2 (visible) options: app store / app store and identified developers. the only way to bypass it to open software from unknown developers is to ctrl+click open, which i've tried but still doesn't work. there's another way that's mentioned about entering a command into terminal, which i also tried, but that also didn't work.

i actually thought i made headway by moving it to my desktop rather than trying to open it in the finder. for a second, i saw what looked like the Sims 4 Tray Importer, but it was just frozen and after that, gone. and trying multiple times after, it'd just *blip* on screen for a milisecond and then gone again. at this point, unless someone else has success, i'm wondering if it's just because it's still a test version.
  • Options
    AzureMoira wrote: »
    with os sierra, i've read that they've changed gatekeeper to allow only 2 (visible) options: app store / app store and identified developers. the only way to bypass it to open software from unknown developers is to ctrl+click open, which i've tried but still doesn't work. there's another way that's mentioned about entering a command into terminal, which i also tried, but that also didn't work.

i actually thought i made headway by moving it to my desktop rather than trying to open it in the finder. for a second, i saw what looked like the Sims 4 Tray Importer, but it was just frozen and after that, gone. and trying multiple times after, it'd just *blip* on screen for a milisecond and then gone again. at this point, unless someone else has success, i'm wondering if it's just because it's still a test version.

That's odd, I get all 3 options:

23u4oxj.png

If I have time over the weekend I'll try installing it.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    daniellexelainedaniellexelaine Posts: 1 New Member
    AzureMoira wrote: »

Thanks for sharing the updated tray importer info! I have been searching everywhere for how to install it to my mbp using osx sierra. I will be trying the updated file later tonight when I get home but I thought I'd help you with the gatekeeper thing. I was able to do it by running sudo spctl --master-disable in terminal. A little key will pop up requesting your administrative password (there will not be a cursor or keystrokes showing) type in your password then click enter and it unlocks it. You change it back by typing sudo spctl --master-enable I'm on mobile right now so can't get into more detail, but let me know if that works for you. I'm determined to get this installed lol
  • Options
    Hmm, the Gatekeeper things is very odd. I've updated 3 Macs now to Sierra, all are still showing the Anywhere option. Is it only Macs which have had Sierra clean installed rather than upgraded? @daniellexelaine and @AzureMoira did you clean install or upgrade from a previous version of OS X?

Be careful when using Terminal :)
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    So, just updated to 10.12.1 and the Anywhere option has now vanished, on all my Macs. Maybe they missed a few the first time round :D

Holding down CTRL and clicking the installer to open it would be a much safer way than entering sudo commands in Terminal, especially for those who aren't confident using Terminal and/or may forget to restore Gatekeeper to its default setting.

apple-signature.png