Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Werewolf rolled a wish to be a vampire

I'm not really sure if this is possible. I thought hybrids could only exist if their parents were of two different occult states. Help me out?
mj4do4.gif

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited September 2016
    I don't think that wish is to be a hybrid. I think it's meant to be fulfilled by changing the sim to a vampire. I get aliens rolling that wish too, which I don't think is possible in the game. I usually dismiss it.

For your werewolf that would mean curing the sim with something like the Potent Cure Elixir, then getting the sim bitten by an existing vampire or using the vampire elixir. There's another way to cure a werewolf. I've had the romantic partner of a werewolf ask the sim to forsake being a werewolf. I don't know how to initiate that method any other way though.

Hybrids don't occur naturally in the game. You'd need a mod (perhaps NRaas StoryProgression, I'm not sure) for occult parents to have hybrids. Normally with parents of different occult states it's one or the other. You can create a hybrid with NRaas MasterContoller by assigning the sim another occult state, but I don't know if that will satisfy the wish. If you go that route you'll probably want the NRaas Hybrid mod.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I don't think you need to cure them first just use the elixir to make them a vampire.

Recently I wanted my fairy to be a fairy genie hybrid. She drank the elixir to become a genie while she was still a fairy and she changed into a genie. She was no longer a fairy. So unless werewolves are different or unless my experience was a glitch, I suspect there is no need to cure them first.
  • Options
    @TreyNutz Ohhhh. Well my sim's boyfriend is a vampire. I could have Tricky ask Peter to forsake being a werewolf. The Moonlight Falls consignment shop isn't guaranteed to have the cure or vampire elixirs, so I'll just have Trick turn him if they don't have them when I check.

Might download Hybrid anyway and put SP back into my game because I'd love to have occult hybrids in my town.
    mj4do4.gif
  • Options
    @Karritz Well like @TreyNutz said, you would have to get NRaas Hybrid to have sims in multiple occult states. Didn't know you could make them a different occult state without curing first.
    mj4do4.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @Karritz Well like @TreyNutz said, you would have to get NRaas Hybrid to have sims in multiple occult states. Didn't know you could make them a different occult state without curing first.

I do actually have hybrid mod and that's why I wanted to make her a hybrid. In the end I got what I wanted by using Master Controller to Add Occult to her.

Edit. All the Hybrid mod does is it lets them use the powers of multiple occults. It doesn't let you make them into hybrids.. without Hybrid mod you can have Sims with multiple occult states but they can only use powers of one of those occult states.
  • Options
    EisbergsEnteEisbergsEnte Posts: 146 Member
    That's sad. I wish we could create a werewolf with fairy wings. =(
    QNWOqEZ.jpg
  • Options
    That's sad. I wish we could create a werewolf with fairy wings. =(

You can have that if you have mods. I have a genie with fairy wings and she has all the powers of a fairy and a genie.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    I don't think you need to cure them first just use the elixir to make them a vampire.

Recently I wanted my fairy to be a fairy genie hybrid. She drank the elixir to become a genie while she was still a fairy and she changed into a genie. She was no longer a fairy. So unless werewolves are different or unless my experience was a glitch, I suspect there is no need to cure them first.

That's interesting. I only assumed occults had to be cured first. I don't play with them often and when I do, I don't change their states. I guess there's no harm in trying the vampire elixir first. Either it will work or it won't.

@CarryOnMyWaywardSons , I think the elixir shop rotates stock regularly. If you go every day it should turn up, usually within a week in my games. I also find the alchemy skill fairly easy to learn, and you can look up elixir ingredients on the wiki and pick them up as your sim gains enough skill to make the elixirs.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited September 2016
    Occults should be cured first.
    Sometimes glitches happen if they are already an occult type and the Sim gets traits from both types and they don't function properly. I don't think they ever patched this, but it was an issue that people would come to the board asking about.

Love the hybrid mod! Recommend it. My favorite hybrids are witch/fairies and genie/fairies. :*
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    TreyNutz wrote: »

That's interesting. I only assumed occults had to be cured first. I don't play with them often and when I do, I don't change their states. I guess there's no harm in trying the vampire elixir first. Either it will work or it won't.

@CarryOnMyWaywardSons , I think the elixir shop rotates stock regularly. If you go every day it should turn up, usually within a week in my games. I also find the alchemy skill fairly easy to learn, and you can look up elixir ingredients on the wiki and pick them up as your sim gains enough skill to make the elixirs.

I'm only changing occult states now because I haven't done it before and I'm still working on doing new things I haven't done before - I've been doing that for 2 years now and there seems to be no end in sight. There is a lot to do in this game and I suspect I'll never actually do it all. For example I have no plans to use Sim Port.
  • Options
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Sometimes glitches happen if they are already an occult type and the Sim gets traits from both types and they don't function properly. I don't think they ever patched this, but it was an issue that people would come to the board asking about.

Love the hybrid mod! Recommend it. My favorite hybrids are witch/fairies and genie/fairies. :*

I was trying to make a hybrid - that's why I didn't attempt to cure it first. That attempt failed. I ended up closing and reopening my game because she totally changed her appearance and I couldn't get her back to how I wanted her to look.

Then I used MasterController to make her a fairy/genie hybrid. My plan is to add Witch to the mix so she has the powers of fairy/genie/witch. I'm not sure of adding werewolf too. That might come much later on if I decide I want to try it out.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited September 2016

I was trying to make a hybrid - that's why I didn't attempt to cure it first. That attempt failed. I ended up closing and reopening my game because she totally changed her appearance and I couldn't get her back to how I wanted her to look.

Then I used MasterController to make her a fairy/genie hybrid. My plan is to add Witch to the mix so she has the powers of fairy/genie/witch. I'm not sure of adding werewolf too. That might come much later on if I decide I want to try it out.

My point was that it's not the safest thing to do. Even if you are trying to make a hybrid, it could backfire horribly (especially if a Vamp is in the mix). One instance I can remember is someone had the needs get seriously botched and her Vamp's thirst is was unable to be taken care of - her Sim was going to die. :'(
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options

My point was that it's not the safest thing to do. Even if you are trying to make a hybrid, it could backfire horribly (especially if a Vamp is in the mix). One instance I can remember is someone had the needs get seriously botched and her Vamp's thirst is was unable to be taken care of - her Sim was going to die. :'(

Ok. I get your point.

I can see that it isn't possible to make a hybrid with elixirs because it simply replaces one occult with another.

Logically if you have to cure every time before adding a new occult to a sim it would also be impossible to make a hybrid with an elixir.