Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm worried this might happen, is there anything I can do?

See my legacy sisters are dating their boyfriends which they just gave birth their daughters they had which each boyfriend, and I don't plan on their fathers to have nothing to do with the future of the children, but I don't want to break up with them either, I just want them to be boyfriends...nothing further, is the nraas story progression gonna be sneaky and make them have random kids...because before, one of the sisters was dating someone else and haven't had a baby with him yet, and a pop up came up that he just had a baby with a random woman....I was like NO WAY! And quickly made him her X....so please tell me something won't happen like this with their current baby daddys?

Comments

• Options
    Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    I am not sure if I am allowed to link to nraas so I won't, but if you google: 'Can you disable NRAAS story progression pop ups? If so how?' the first hit might be an interesting read for you. I didn't read through all of it, but it seems you can turn off story progression for separate households, so you can turn it off for your boyfriends. I dunno if they will still age if you do that though...
  • Options
    Oh, sorry, I meant you have to google this: 'nraas - How do I make Story Progression stop for certain families?'
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Hmmm. Thanks..just so worried a random child will be born though, but I don't wanna kill the fathers nor do I wanna put them in the family lol!
  • Options
    Yeah though I love story progression, it does kinda suck that babies are born so much haha! I mean, whenever I start a new game, if my sim doesn't find herself a husband on the first or 2nd day, it's nearly guaranteed that most townies will have made someone pregnant by then lol.
  • Options
    Namaya92 wrote: »
    Yeah though I love story progression, it does kinda suck that babies are born so much haha! I mean, whenever I start a new game, if my sim doesn't find herself a husband on the first or 2nd day, it's nearly guaranteed that most townies will have made someone pregnant by then lol.

I just couldn't believe the guy my sim WAS DATING decided to...lol!
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    I'm sure there are settings in SP to not allow the boyfriends to have any more kids. I don't know the exact path though. Try clicking on the boyfriend and checking around in Sim Options. :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    KATENESS wrote: »
    I'm sure there are settings in SP to not allow the boyfriends to have any more kids. I don't know the exact path though. Try clicking on the boyfriend and checking around in Sim Options. :)

Is it, Allow partition?? It's on true..do I put it false?

• Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    Sorry I don't know and I'm not near my game right now. Maybe @igazor or @TreyNutz or someone will be able to help more clearly.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    NRaas > SP > Sim Options > Pregnancy:Allow Participation > False.

This essentially makes the sim sterile. It's not a setting that you want to leave set to False by accident later on in the game when situations change and you want them to be able to have kids. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I'm not exactly sure the best way to do this. If you set Pregnancy: Allow Participation to false that will prevent the guys from fathering any more children at all. If you decide you want them to father more children with your sims then you'll have to remember to change that setting back to true. Note, this is at the sim level, so clicking on the boyfriends>NRaas>StoryProgression>Sim>Pregnancy: Allow Participation. Don't do that at the town level or your entire world will stop having any children.

That setting won't stop romances and flirting though. If you want them to be faithful and not have any romances with other sims (or maybe just flirts since they are steadies with your 2 sister sims) then you'll need to change other settings. And you'll have to ask others how to set that up. That's something I'd ask on the NRaas Chatterbox myself.

Another option might be to put the 2 sisters in their own caste and then on the 2 guys set Pregnancy: Allow Participation Caste to the sister's caste. That way the only sims the boyfriends can have children with would be your 2 sims. That's a bit more complicated though and I'm not that familiar with setting up custom castes. If you want to go that direction then I suggest asking on the NRaas Chatterbox.

I'm sure @igazor will be around shortly, or before me, with better directions, but I think Allow Participation will do it.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Oh, I wasn't going to go into quite all that detail. But if the SP Relationship add-on module is in play, the OP could also set up arranged marriages between these couples so they won't go off flirting and romancing others in their spare time. :)

On one of the sims to be coupled sometime in the future,
    NRaas > SP > Sim Options > Romance:Arranged Marriage Sim > (specify the other sim)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've seen options to stop pregnancies that aren't planned and household castes can help there.I just don't have any chance of them being able to cheat.I also only allow TFB to be user-directed and not autonomous.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks guys I think I will go the route by doing the NRaas > SP > Sim Options > Pregnancy:Allow Participation > False. I don't care if they flirt or whatnot just NO more kids...I don't want my legacy family tree all over the place.
    :smile:
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    What I do with my current family that is in multiple houses around town is I created a Caste with SP for them with the stuff I do and don't want them to do. Like have extra babies. But then whichever family I am playing at that current moment I take them out of the caste. I set the caste for both the lot and the household. I wish I could go into more detail but like @KATENESS said above it's hard to explain sometimes when you're not near your game at that moment :wink: