Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game crashes while In France

I made a couple of my sims travel to France last night and after a day or so, the game stopped working.
I did it again today and it happened again. twice even!

What is going on and how can I solve this?

My game hasn't crashed in a long time and my computer usually handles it really well. :/
NK4koaX.png

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Are you saving or doing a Save As sometime after your arrival in France but of course before the crash? You shouldn't need to keep replaying the travel sequence if your sims are arriving safely.

But without more info to go on, it's impossible to say why France is crashing on you after a sim day. If you have or add NRaas ErrorTrap (even better, together with Traveler and Overwatch), the script and error logs it routinely kicks up might give some clues as to what's happening.

But if your instance of France in that game is corrupt (difficult to determine), the solution is before travel to find the file within your save called France+some goofy hex codes.nhd and delete it -- the smaller exportDB file can be deleted also, that one doesn't matter. The impact there, if any of your sims have even been to France before, is that you will be presented with a fresh copy of the world upon arrival with all of its sims and everything set back to the way they were in the beginning. If you do try this, make sure you have a spare copy of your save that you can revert to in case this somehow makes things worse.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited September 2016
    @izagor Hmmm. I have read around the deleting the cache files and TravelDB can solve the issue and I did so. I could play France just fine until the end, but now it crashed again while returning home... >< I saved right before crashing. Maybe it won't happen again the next time and I can return home safely.

No "save as" saves.:/
    My sims haven't been to France prior to this.
    NK4koaX.png
  • Options
    Looks like I could return safely, but most of the pictures I took in France blanked. Too bad, they were really pretty.

But now at least I don't have to worry anymore about losing my legacy.
    NK4koaX.png
  • Options
    Ok.

I traveled to France again because I had to complete an opportunity and now I can't return home, because the game keeps crashing when I'm reloading the homeworld. It's extremely frustrating and I'm not sure if I can retrieve my save game...

Help?
    (It's another family that I'm playing, by the way, but I was kinda attached to them)
    NK4koaX.png
  • Options
    Sorry if we already covered this someplace, but it's been a while here. I know you are (or were) using NRaas mods. Do you have Traveler? Together with Overwatch and ErrorTrap?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    I have Overwatch and ErrorTrap, but not Traveler.
    Will getting Traveler fix my problem?
    NK4koaX.png
  • Options
    I guess it's all lost now.
    Oh well, RIP my sims.
    NK4koaX.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Traveler is intended to fix problems exactly like that just by its being present. It's also intended to be in play before your sims leave their homeworld. But many players find it helps them get back home when the return travel transition breaks as you have described. If you can add it in now and revert play to a save from before the broken trip back home, it might do the trick.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Last time I reloaded a backup and the trip over dialog appeared the save game dialog also appeared. Is this how it's supposed to work?

...and it still crashed!
    NK4koaX.png
  • Options
    With the mod? Traveler prompts you to do an extra Save or Save As before your sims leave whichever world they are currently in. That's an option that can be turned on or off, but it really doesn't matter in this case. You don't have to do another save in this instance.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    If the mod combo is still not allowing your sims to return home, then I would say you have some form of corruption happening there and will need to revert to a save from before they ever left home to go to France. Not having a sequence of saves on hand to revert to in an emergency like this is kind of like playing without a safety net, sorry to say.

The only other thing I can suggest, again with the mods in play. Turn all Game Options graphics settings down the bare ugly minimum temporarily, including Advance Rendering off, to reduce stress on the game, reload that backup save, and try to return home again. It's rare, but sometimes that helps avoid a crash on re-entry.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    I don't have any saves from before the trip, sadly.
    Mods and turning down the graphics didn't help and I'm not sure what else to try. Its a custom world that I'm playing and this might be the issue with it. When I had this problem before, I was playing in yet another custom world, but thankfully, it loaded the second time I tried to get back home. This time around it just won't for some reason! ><

Thanks a ton for trying to help me, but I doubt I can do much in this case to save them. I tried everything.
    NK4koaX.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but yes the custom homeworld could be a factor. You could try some really unusual things like traveling to a different world from France, invoking Traveler's Change Hometown after buying and moving into a vacation home to make that the traveling parties' permanent homeworld, then MasterController to pull the remaining sims you want in play from the impossible to load original homeworld. Or try returning to the original crashy homeworld from someplace other than France. That might not yield usable results either, and whether things like this are worth trying depends on how much more time you want to spend experimenting from this point.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!